HELP! Tag exchanging options?

NECALI

HELP! Tag exchanging options?

My brother wanted to get a leftover region F deer tag and ended up purchasing a region J tag. Anyone know if he has any chance of exchanging it?

RE: HELP! Tag exchanging options?

Zero, nada, zilch!!! Once you buy it there is no going back for returns or exchanges. You must be near death or dead to turn a tag in and get a refund, so tell him to go with the flow, do his homework, and be happy to hunt the Region J tag.

Thanks , that's what we thought but we were hoping for some way to do it. I can understand that philosophy when putting in for the draw but it seems a little dumb when they're left-over tags.

It's called $$$$$ and there would be a lot of people wanting them to make exceptions, so they make very, very few. My buddy lives in Sheridan and his 73 year old Dad lives up here in Michigan a couple hours north of me. Last year about ten days before the deer season opened he had to have an emergency knee operation and couldn't go hunting with us. He had been out there for like 40 straight seasons and he had to go through so many hoops to return his tag and get a refund that he almost decided to eat the tag. Overall, I have had nothing but positive comments for the F&G, but in this particular instance they were not pleasant at all to someone who has spent thousands of dollars in that state over that long period of time.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-11 AT 08:58PM (MST)[p]That's bad luck. Sorry to hear about that. Maybe you'll get learn some new country and end up having a great season. I hope it turns out for the best.

My brother wanted to get a leftover region F deer tag and ended up purchasing a region J tag, unquote.

Sounds like your brother made a mistake by entering the wrong Region tag in his transaction.....can't blame the state for not allowing him to change.

Bet next time he pays closer attention and makes no mistake.

A couple of friends made a mistake back about 7 years ago on their Wyo applications. For 25 years they always hunted REGION G....but for some reason one did what the other said and entered H where they had no idea how to hunt it much less where it was....boundary wise.

When I saw what they drew that summer online, I made a few quick calls to the other guys and said "do you know where those two are going hunting"?

Long story short....one of them never stopped calling the other one ever name in the book for three months...of course the rest of us laughed our butts off.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom