Help with Job Offer - Attn: Guides & Outfitters

W

Wyomingben

I have been proposed this job -

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,LCC is offering an opportunity for an aggressive individual to become part of an operating recreational business.

Operational Manager Employment Package:
1. 3 Bedroom house (partially furnished w/ appliances, AC)
2. All Utilities and Trash PU provided
3. Satellite TV service w/ 1 receiver
4. Internet Service provided
5. Local phone service provided
6. Monthly Auto/ Gas allowance
7. Housekeeping, laundry supplies & misc. provided

The right applicant may begin the relationship:
1 as a commissioned employee @ 20% of net & (option to purchase)
2.as a minority member of the LLC @ 25% of shares
3.as a minority member of the LLC @ 33% of shares

Additional Income:
As registered XXXXXXXX Guide or Assistant Guide @ $ 200.00 per day

Housekeeping, Laundry (wages per man)

Basic Responsibilities of Operational Manager:
Acquiring XX Guide or Assistant Guide License
All of the day to day management & maintenance of Lodge & grounds
Maintenance of Kennels & dogs, including exercising
Renting of rooms & registration of guests & lodge housekeeping
Assigning & assisting clients with goose pits if not guiding clients
Answering inquiries re: Lodge, hunts etc. (internet, phone or in person)
Maintain communication w/ LLC Manager (phone & mail)
Maintain records of income, guide services, supplies & receipts for lodge
OPERATING MANAGER FINANCIAL STRUCTURE

1.As independent contractor with commission @ 20% of net annual profit & option to purchase LLC shares within 3 years of employment.

2.As a minority member, (33%) of the LLC with $ 25,000.00 down payment and the balance of $ 100,000.00 due over 10 years. (See schedule attachment)

3.As a minority member, (25%) of the LLC with $ 15,000.00 down payment and the balance of $ 78,000.00 annually over 10 years.
If option to increase shares to (33%) is exercised, a balloon payment of $25,000.00 is due at the 3 years of employment anniversary and the balance is due in equal annual payments for 7 years.

Credit to be extended by XXXXXXXXXXXXX personally
ALL of the options include the Compensation Package of housing, utilities, housekeeping and guiding fees set out in the proposal offering.

Here is what I know about the outfit-

Ben,Hope this answers some of your questions!

I started Lodge/LLC 15 mos, ago,Iwe live in house
,small 3 bdrm/1 bath 100' east of Lodge.

Cabela's Trophy Property is a large portion of LLC
planned expansion & mrktng.They are just getting
started.
Many more acres are available for expansion.

Ben,I'm the sole owner & only Bambi my sig other
involved.
Correct on the house,the lodgeis solely for clients.
Expansion is already in motion,land access is my dept.
as far as leases,due to RE License required & Guide
license required in XX for hunting land leases.
Sat is only option for DSL connection.
Cash method of acctng,LLC pays all expenses.
Decoying Geese only
Will also have lay down blinds for Goose hunting

Deer Hunting will increase Gross $50,000.00
-$60,000.00 annually(rifle)
Upland hunting , income unknown?

No fishing guiding on Refuge,federal law

Hope this helps,XXXX

xxxxxxxxxx is proud to present you with a great sportsman's experience. Our Bed & Breakfast is located in an area that is famous for trophy whitetail deer, mule deer, geese, pheasant and turkey hunting, as well as walleye, crappie, and bass fishing.

xxxxxxx Lodge/ Bed & Breakfast is located in xxxxxx xxxxxx, overlooking xxxxxxxx Lake, and adjacent to the xxxxx National Wildlife Refuge. We provide thousands of private acreage for sporting hunts. Hunting areas are both agricultural and woodlands with abundant wildlife and native birds.
The ultimate xxxxxxx hunting experience is available right outside our front door for all seasons. Great sporting combo packages are available. Heated goose hunting pits, abundant pheasant hunting areas, and fabulous fishing are just a few of the exciting aspects available.

xxxxxxxxx is proud of the abundant hunting opportunities in our area. We focus on personal attention at our Bed & Breakfast so that your hunt is a outdoor sports experience that you will remember and cherish.

For the fishing enthusiasts, we provide a central location for excellent fishing opportunities. xxxxxx Lake, featured on Jimmy Houston's Outdoors, presents the ultimate fishing for walleye, crappie, Hybrid
white Bass (Wiper), trophy size fighters! If that isn't enough, we are centrally located between four lakes, providing you some of the best fishing the xxxxxxx offers.

xxxxxxxxxx, LLC. is offering a limited number of Charter Memberships. These Memberships are ideal for groups of sportsmen who will enjoy the Exclusive occupancy of the Lodge, and uncompromising use of the hunting areas. Class 1 Memberships are for 9 years and Class 2 Memberships are renewable annually and will ensure that you and your family, friends and associates will have a quality outdoor experience to anticipate for years to come.These Exclusive Memberships are less expensive than the average access fees on xxxxxxxxxxxx River,& include decoys & heated pits as well as LODGING!.

These memberships are transferable and can become an ongoing Legacy for your family and friends! Different levels of participation are available, and we will design the memberships to suit your individual needs. (call for information & amenities available)

Contact us for more information. - xxxxxx

Upland Hunts - $999.00 per person, 3 nights Lodge/3 day hunting
(minimum 4 hunters required, 6 pheasants daily, game processed)

Spring Turkey Hunts - $ 800.00 4 nights Lodge/3 days Hunting

Waterfowl Hunts - $ 150.00 single ,Lodge & 1 day hunt -Group rates go from $62.50 & up!

COMBO HUNTS $ 500.00 pp. ( minimum 4 Hunters) goose & upland birds!

What do you guys think? Is this a Business Opportunity or is this guy looking for a slave?

Thanks

WB

Might be the deal of a lifetime, but be careful, very careful. I would spend some money and have them looked into.

JB

from what i know of these type of operations, you may very well become a slave. when you are dealing with a client there time is more important than your own. saturdays and holidays mean nothing. i would do a little more research before i made any long lasting decisions.

I agree, I worked for a rancher out of High School, I was paid salary and worked 7 days a week. What is interesting about this deal is there in no farming involved. The nature of the business is seasonal, he knows I run an internet business and thought it would be a good match as he would not have to pay me as a full time employee, more as a part time employee. Somewhat a slave to the property you could say, but I'm a slave to my business right now at least there I could go fishing at 5 pm in the evening. I'm still thinking of meeting this person and visiting the outfit, unless someone here with outfitting and guiding experience can spot a red flag in this deal, we are writing back and forth on email... will keep you posted.

WB

There's not enough here to make a business decision. What's the anual gross and what's the NET? How do they calculate "net" is that before or after setting some sort of business reserve account? Meaning could they net 50k but set aside 40k for "reserves/maintenance" and your split comes out of the 10? Clients per hunt type, per year? Hunt/client days/yr. When they are there? The income of the last person in the position? You'll need a copy of the LLC as well if you are going to buy in. LLC's can be configured to give as much or as little right to a minority member as the manager of the LLC permits. Are the shares you get A or B? Do they retain any rights? Are they exercisable at option should you leave, can you be forece out similarly? Can you sell them and under what conditions? If you have a right to be cashed out, based on what valuation measure?

All I can see here for sure is what you are expected to do. It's damn hard from this to tell how much you would earn or the real value of an share of the LLC. You'll need an attorney if you are going to seriously consider this.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom