Help with Nevada Bull elk 108, 131, 132 nov 6-20

dsharpem5

I drew a bull tag in Nevada, area 108, 131, 132. I have been going over everything on onx maps, but I am am not confident in what my plan is since I don't have anyone to help me figure this out. I am doing to hunt solo since my dad is doing well enough to go. If anyone has any tips or info that is helpful, I would greatly appreciate it since I have never hunted elk before.

Get out and find em. Currant holds Elk. You can also catch the Elk on the lower fields just tough to get on them as they head to the P&J quickly especially if being pushed.

Never hunted elk? Well rather than doubting your plan - just narrow your focus , get excited and jacked up! Maps and onX a great help, but pick out a few spots and put the hammer down.
Find a mountain. Then go hit it hard, hike dawn to dusk. Don’t find sign go to your next spot.
You have to get your boots on the ground and find sign and go from there.

Get out and find em. Currant holds Elk. You can also catch the Elk on the lower fields just tough to get on them as they head to the P&J quickly especially if being pushed.

Yeah. I am heading out next weekend to scout. I plan on going to currant.

Well hopefully they get some water soon all the guzzlers are dry on the north end some springs are full but not spilling over. I saw a couple nice bulls the last weekend of archery.

Just spent four days in this unit and covered all the way from Illipah down to the Grant Range. We did not see any Elk at all during our time there. We spoke with some folks who saw some bulls in the Grant Range and we heard some bugles three nights ago in the Grant Range.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom