Help! Would anybody use this?

F

freebirdz

Hello everbody.

Growing up an avid outdoorsman, I've always wished there was a way I could somehow get involved more with hunting and fishing than just being a "weekend warrior". I recently had a lightbulb moment and thought of an idea.

It was a well known fact around our parts, that if you wanted to go on a good hunting trip or good fishing trip, you had to go somewhere else besides where we lived. That usually meant going to Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, or Idaho.

We would go to the local sportsmen shows and check out all of the local guides offering their services.

Other than trusting what they said about their service, you really had no other way of knowing about the kind of success they have unless you were lucky enough to talk with one of their past clients.

And if they were nice enough to get you in touch with one of their clients, how do you know that he wasn't either working for them or just lucky.

I know some guides do offer a guaranteed success rate, but wouldn't you like to know all of your options first?

Plus, how do you know if there aren't more qualified guides for the same area you are looking?

You could do some extensive research over the net or by calling around, but wouldn't it be alot easier if all of this info was in one place?

My idea is to create a site that is not only a guide service locator for your area of choice (within the US), but also a place where you can rate and review guide services. This would make it possible for other potential clients to review opinions from past clients of the guide service that they are interested in.

Please if your a Hunter or Fisherman, let me know what you think of this idea. Would you use a site like this?

Also if there are any guides out there, let me know if you would be interested in advertising your services on a site like this.

Post your comments on this forum or drop me a line at [email protected]

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Sincerely,

Jerod Watson

Just wanted to let everyone know that the site would be free for users and there would be a monthly advertising fee for guides that wish to get listed on the site.
-Jerod

Its a good idea. There are a few similar sites out there. www.huntinfo.com has an outfitter review section that you can scan by state. www.huntingreport.com has reviews of outfitters from all over the world. Maybe you could make your's different somehow. Don't want to burst your bubble, I just wanted you to be informed.

YES WE WOULD, DO IT. I HAVE FRIENDS THAT HAD A BELOW AVERAGE HUNTING TRIP WITH LAKECOUNTRY LODGE OUTFITTERS IN ALASKA........ WAY BELOW. THEY JUST GOT BACK, SAID THE OUTFITTER HAD NUMEROUS PROBLEMS. THEY BOOKED WAY TOO MANY HUNTERS IN ONE AREA, THEY SAID IT WAS A MATTER OF GREED. YD.

Thanks for the info! I will definately check these sites out first to see if I can improve on anything that they are doing wrong or aren't doing at all.

-Jerod

I got burned by an outfitter in colorado. I still havent collected for services. I found out he had disciplinaryt sanctions against him by the state of colorado which ultimately resulted in the loss of his license to ouitfit! kinda late for me though because i had already booked and sent my deposit.
maybe there can be links added to such sites to screen the outfitter's records and complaints with the state or province outfitters associations or individuals. in other words have it all condensed on one site.
I will gladly give names for anyone who is interested to keep them from getting ripped off like i did. feel free to e-mail me
[email protected] he has reopend under a new name. anyway just my thoughts. not a bad idea on the site.

Thanks to all that have replied so far! I welcome any more suggestions that anyone may have to make this a great site.

-Jerod

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom