HELP...

monstermuleyman

Hey guys,
I have a dead head 5X5 bull elk... when i found him he had been dead for roughly 8 months. He still has part of the spine and is still completely covered by hide. Due to the nature of it being in both wet conditions, then dry hot conditions, the hide is like concrete stuck to the skull, i have heard the best way to get it off, if your not in a hurry, is to bury it up to the bases and leave it for a year. Do you guys agree with this, and if so, what should i use to cover the antlers so keep them from discoloration and cracking. Thanks

Faceshield and a grinder with a wire brush on it. I know what you mean by iron I did one like it but it was just the hair between the bases.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

BOIL IT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS!!!

TOOK MONTHS TO GET THE WAY IT IS!!!

TAKE A WHILE TO SOAK IT BACK UP!!!

SOMTIMES TO GET IN ON A PISSCUTTER IT TAKES SOME STEALTH!!!
I THANK MY FRIEND Feleno FOR THE STEALTH CAMO!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Soak it in water, and check it every couple of days, cutting away the softer portions. It is a smelly affair, but with some rubber gloves, and good knife and maybe some pliers and a screwdriver to pry the hide, it will come off. Just cut the soft portions, and keep checking it until it comes off.

PS. wear safety glasses and keep your mouth shut, you never know when that nasty water will get flicked into your face.

I usually just simmer in slightly boiling water take out every 5 minutes or so and peel off with a screw driver,just don't let it get to hot

It is actually really simple to remove. Just soak it for a few days and as it rehydrates it will become easier to take off than if it was fresh. Easier because the flesh underneath is gone and leaves you room too work under the hide. If you put it in water in the morning it will most likely be ready to remove in the evening. Goog luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom