HELP

D

Deerslayer

Does anyone know of some walk-in areas or state land to hunt in the Newcastle or Sundance area? And how is the hunting around that area?

What are you hunting ? Thats a pretty good sized chunk of country. New Castle and Sundance are about 50 miles apart. East of a line between the 2 is the Black hills Nat'l forest. West is the Thunder Basin Nat'l Grasslands. Some walk in areas as well ( go to the Wyo game and fish website for a map of those )Plenty of public in both - depending upon what you're after. Pretty good for some species, pretty poor for others.

I have always saw tons of antelope thru that area just driving thru but the deer are scarce on the public land.There are a few deer ,enough for a good hunt ,but don't expect to see them like you can further west.I myself just started getting interested in that area a couple years ago and have always had a good time there.

Quess i left that out. We are hunting Mule deer. I have heard the weather has been mild and the deer are still in the mountains. Hope it changes soon. But we will still try our best. We have some private land and are thinking about looking at a state place on Plum crk rd. Have u hunted muleys in that area before?

I hunt turkeys NE of Newcastle in the spring, and see quite a few deer. Both whitetail and muleys. We actually camp in South Dakota and hunt both sides of the state line. To access drive up Boles Canyon Rd on the SD side and get on national forest. The state line is pretty well marked by fence. You should find some deer there.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom