henrys bison tag

S

soberacrcher

hey my uncle drew a bison tag this year for the henrys and was just wondering is anyone has drew the tag before or been down there during november and seen where they like to range.

my dad drew 2 years ago, fun hunt and challenging. We killed his bull right by the horn, self guided, that is where we saw most of the sign. It is alot more challenging of a hunt than you would think. and just wait until you kill one. good luck.

By November, and after all the hunts all fall, they really keep holed up. I was down last November on the Mgmt deer hunt and between 5 of us only seen 1 buffalo in 5 days. My dad took a nice bull just west and below the horn. They seem to hang that area as they can drop off into those canyons quickly when they get buggered.
Find a high spot and spend a lot of time glassing. There are usually a good bunch on the back of Pinnell, where there are no roads. Imagine that? Another good place to look is the big canyon north of Coyote Bench and east of the horn.. sorry don't remember the name, but we seen them down in there quite a few times on my dad's hunt...Years ago I took mine down in twelve canyon near Steven's pass back up in a canyon there, but it was an earlier hunt..

I wouldn't overlook Cave Flat and Swap Mesa.

Sounds like with this hunt and you "books" hunt you'll have a fun Fall!

Zeke

I haven't ever hunted the Henry Mtns and not seen buffalo at Airplane Springs. You can usually glass a lot of that country from the roads that go around the horn. Good luck. It's not an easy hunt like some think but if you put in the time you will find them. I wish I was in your shoes.

It's always an adventure!!!

Been there... done that! Loved every minute of scouting and the hunt! Congrats on drawing this tag. Here is the post of my bull from '09. I had the late bull hunt and found him just north of bull creek pass at over 10k ft. There were about 4 groups in the area that we saw on opening day which was pretty lucky (it was only a 1 day hunt for me). Good luck to you and PM me if you have any questions.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b...w_thread&om=609&forum=DCForumID30&archive=yes

i know im gonna have a way fun fall. one of my good buddies drew a wasacth archery tag too. its gonna be a busy but very fun fall. thanks for all the info...its pretty far drive so if we can narrow it down to some spots known to hold nice bulls it will save a lot of time and energy.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom