Henrys Bison

3X4

Maybe this post will get the correct attention if I post it down here. I am headed to the Henrys on the 26th for the last of the bison hunts. I know the Henrys pretty good for the most part, but when it come to buffalo on the Henrys in late December I'm clueless. If anybody has any ideas of were they might be it would be appreciated. Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey 3x4:

I have the same tag, also heading down on the 26th. Going to camp near Sandy Ranch on the Notom road. Some other campsites higher up but not going to take my RV across the creek. I have a thread under henry mtn cow tag. The BLM in Hanksville was helpful. Have you heard how much snow they recieved the last week?

I need to call down there. I will see if I can figure out how to send you a private email to get in touch.

Tatonka

I had a cow tag last year (Dec 15th-the 22nd) got hammered with weather. Came home empty, buff were way high in deep snow. Was 30yrds from 2 bulls, one was a monster and his buddy was no slouch either. Ended up seeing 5 out of that group pretty sure there was a cow in the group but was the only buff that stopped behind the tree's.At the end almost lost my truck busting through 3' drift's into a draw. But talked to some people that had the next season tag and shot a cow within 200yrds of were I camped? Please let us know how you guy's did.

I had the first of the late tags, during the last big storm. Everything we saw was up high, so take your snow shoes and your vitamins. The North end has less snow. The last group we saw was at the top of Dry Lakes Peak and I don't think the pressure has been on that side, Everyone seems to stay on the Notom side over to cave/tarantula and up towards Mcmillan/Nasty.

Get on Stevens mesa and dugout bench and glass high. The South end by Pennel and Hillers was impassable to vehicles for the most part. So Snow machines may be wise. Prepare for a lot of elevation gain on foot.

Good luck.

3x4 I hope you don't strokeout hiking this weekend. Oh I forgot you've been doing p90x every morning. If you do start feeling weak ask hardhorn to pack your fat ass.

Are you fealing better? Sounds like everyone in your hunting party got sick. I wonder about you guys sharing sleeping bags.

>Are you fealing better? Sounds like
>everyone in your hunting party
>got sick. I wonder about
>you guys sharing sleeping bags.
>

Something about being wet and cold and cold and cold and wet. I didn't want to work this week any how.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom