Henry's Fork/Burnt Fork Moose

muzzhunter

Can anyone tell me if this area is worth looking at for Moose? I am interested in applying for the area and will be scouting it this fall. Are there any places I should concentrate my scouting efforts on? Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Dave

Are you talking Henry's fork Snake River - Idaho? If so, send me an email and I will fill you in on the moose situation. Good area, lots of moose.

Sorry, I am actually talking about Henry's fork in the North Slopes of the Uinta mts. in Utah. Thanks for the reply though shelby.
Dave

Hunted the North Slope 3 years ago. Saw at least 50 bulls in area. Some were repeat sighting on different weekends, however, there were moose almost everywhere we went.

Did see several in the Burnt Fork area. I think the North Slope area is a good choice. The area around Spirit Lake and Daggett Lakes have some pretty awesome bulls hanging out there. If have horses you can access some nice country.

The bulls I saw were all within a short distance of the main roads. The guy who had tag did not want to wonder to far. During scouting we made sevral trips into lakes and saw bulls and cows.

Banker

My brother and I spent the last weekend about 9 miles in on the Henry's Fork. We saw probably 10 bull moose and at least three were huge. I also spoke with an outfitter in the area and he mentioned that this area is carrying some huge bulls. In my opinion this is the area I would put in for but we also have a lot of horses.

Thanks for the info guys! It surely gave me something to consider. I am planning on going up there in September or October to see how it is during the hunt. Thanks again.
Dave

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom