Here's a few

W

wyohikeit

Went out with my hiking buddy and our two oldest boys. She was happy to have three mules to load this trip, would have killed just me. Hauled home 28

034-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

Only one realy nice one, most were little 6er's and 5's

018.jpg

One son drove 8 hours through bad snowy weather, slept 4 hours, hiked 11 hours slept 6, then drove back to his wife and school!
He found enough antlers to pay for the gas though!

Time in the hills is always worth more than money

Man wyohikeit! How many miles do you guys average on a outing like this? have you not run out of stomping ground yet :) looks like a good haul anyways, Nice pics. thanks for posting i'm fairly new to the site a i'd have to say i've really enjoyed it, keep up the hard work.

A "few"? I'd say you're the master of the understatement... ;-)

Love those pics. Congrats on another nice haul, and time spent with your sons, no less.

camcc71 this walk was 19 miles, 8 of that loaded. Thats about this old pack mules limit. Our mile per shed ratio is higher than usual this year. We have picked up 60 elk sheds and have walked 71 miles to collect them.

Time in the hills is always worth more than money

Man I can not believe that a person now days
can find that many antlers on public ground
that has not been closed to antler collecting.

Your photos are awsome, back in the late 80s early
90s when there wasen,t alot of shed hunters it used to
be that good.

Amazing now a days.

One thing is for sure when shed hunting.. The bone you collect is defenitly a testiment to the hard work it takes. I've found that unless a guy really has a passion for shed hunting like us here, he really isn't up for more than one trip. Great finds fellow wyo mtn hiker. Makes me wish I'd of went out a couple more times. What part of wyoming are you in. I'm in Sheridan county.

elkcrazedfrk
We passed through Sheridan Wyo on our way home last fall from MT. We stopped and ate at a place & I can't recall the name but it was something like Rib and Chop House?? Do you know the place I am referring to? and the Name? It was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten in my life. I had half a buffalo steak and a big juicy sirloin steak.

Wy:
Man you are amazing.... Keep the pics coming of your success.
redelkarcher>>>---------------->

yep..the rib and chop house at the sheridan inn where buffalo bill stayed. They are hit and miss. Some times great food and others not so good. Glad you hit a good day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom