Hermits Peak Fire

Looserowel505

Forest service prescribed burn starts a fire last week and now with the winds its grown to 728 with 3 straight days of 45+ mph winds! The management/leadership that approves this type of reckless work needs to held accountable .Drought already has the forest as a tinderbox and then the spring wind season is right upon the state and they still felt it was a good idea to go on with the prescribed burn!! SMH , these clowns are are down right stupid ..

I agree ?! My in laws have two home up there along with my brother in-law ! Hearing the concern from my mother in-law the past week has been gut wrenching to say the least ! Who in their right mind gives the green light on such an idiotic an irresponsible plan like this? People are not held accountable this day and age , people should be fired, and the state will surely be liable for any destruction done to private residence right?
Even if they are it still comes off the backs of the tax payers !

Wild guess what would happen if a fire started from an unattended campfire?

One word: arson. They would charge you with arson....

How could you respond with that?!!!? Several structures have been lost but no homes so far, all because of an inept Forest Service decision!
I am just talking about forest fires. I hadn't heard any structures or if people were injured. My statement is I wish they burned more of the overgrown forest.

Prescribed burns in the spring in NM are a recipe for disaster. Hmm I think this happened before!!?? Beyond me why they still do this. I know the “fire book” says spring is best time but NM forest keep telling them different. They should only do prescribed burns in fall or winter when they won’t get away.

Prescribed burns in the spring in NM are a recipe for disaster. Hmm I think this happened before!!?? Beyond me why they still do this. I know the “fire book” says spring is best time but NM forest keep telling them different. They should only do prescribed burns in fall or winter when they won’t get away.
Then all the hunters would be bitching about Rx burns interrupting their hunts. Not to mention is sure is difficult to burn anything with snow on the ground and no personnel.

207 homes and over 6000 acres burnt to the ground in Ruidoso, two people died in the fire this week and 6 Homes in Nogal from wildfires.

It is hard to imagine doing a burn when they have so much information at hand on Wind,Drought conditions,moisture in the forest.WTF are these idiots doing!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom