Hero Pictures

R

RIMROCK338

Hero Pictures

I was in Sportsman's Warehouse awhile back with a fellow MM member and on the way out of the store, I stopped to look at the wall with all the pictures of hunters and fisherman with their kills and catches. This guy replies, "I don't like these HERO pictures. Most of these guys just lucked out and the fish just happened to swim by and they caught it", etc....Now I know this guy is an icon on this forum and I heed to what he has to say. To this day, I don't think I've ever seen a picture with him posing with any dead animal or fish. I feel real bad because when I shot my elk last fall they took some pictures of me with my elk..WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS ON, as he would put it: "HERO PICTURES"?...RIMROCK

RE: Hero Pictures

To each his own,but why would you feel bad for having pictures taken with your dead critters.Just cause someone else feels differently doesn't mean you should feel the same.

I like looking at glory pics if they are mine,family,friends or strangers I still like to see them.

horsepoop.gif

Most Folk like to see stuff that has been taken in
their region. I know I do. If your ever in SanSaba, TX
stop at the Six-Pack. Some of the Largest Whitetail's
you ever want to look at. Then, there's the fish pictures.
Yellow'cat's that will weigh 48 pounds and more. These people
mean bidnes. And they eat well.............

RIMROCK!!!

NOTHING WRONG WITH BIG STINKY BULL PICTURES!!!

WELL,I GUESS,I SURE AIN'T GOT ANY!!!

PICTURES CAN GET OUT OF HAND!!!

I'M REAL TOUCHY WHEN IT COMES TO PICTURES!!!

ONCE POSTED ON THE WWW,WHY IS IT FAIR FOR SOMEBODY TO PROFIT OFF OF YOUR PICTURES WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT???

THE ONLY bobcat KINDA LIKE THE GUY YOU WERE WITH CUZZ I DON'T POST PICTURES(WHO WANTS TO SEE A Nomad,RIGHT???),BUT HE'S NOT RIGHT,SURE SOME LUCK OUT,BUT THERES ALOT OF SKILL OUT THERE TOO!!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-07 AT 06:55PM (MST)[p]HERO pictures? I've always looked at them as "success" pictures. And that's all. And I enjoy them. There are outstanding hunters and lucky hunters. There are no "hero" hunters, IMHO.

And trust me! Not all of Bobcatbess's bucks are Nomad bucks!

Eel

I like to look at my hero pictures, it's the same debate as mounting our trophies. We do it because it gives us a sense of accomplishment and helps us remember the time we had. I haven't shot that much in my years but I have a pair of Antelope horns my friend mounted for me, those antlers remind me of the big game animal I shot, the pictures that go along with it are all just part of the package. Hero pictures maybe, reminders of good times, you bet.

There is a great deal of skill in the harvest of any trophy animal, except in the case of shooter bull operations, and high fenced hunts. Having said that, there is an element of luck involved also. Call it being in the right place at the right time if you want. If your friend chooses to keep all his pictures in his mind, when he gets old all he likely will have is a bunch of washed out memories and tall tell recollections, and no proof for any of it. Personally I enjoy sharing peoples successes and also my own. That is part of the reason I go out in the field each year.

Sounds like sour grapes to me when your friend won't celebrate the success of someone else.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-07 AT 09:29AM (MST)[p]You got to take a picture to document the hunt and the good times you had. To display it at SW or on MM or in a hunting rag is another thing altogether. If you are secure enough in your manhood or womanhood then you probably don't need to post your picture on a wall just to gratify your pride. However, some people don't see it that way either. They see it as sharing, encouraging, and advertising. We love to look at the local braggin' board at our SW. My kids would love to to have their pics up their even with the smallest bluegill they catch, however it is my job to teach them the difference between gratifying their pride to compensate for other things missing in their life and just having a good time sharing their success..

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Bess, as my hero, I'm glad you don't post pictures of yourself, that way I'll never be disappointed :)

Beefy!!!

THEY ALMOST TOOK MY PICTURE IN VEGAS LAST YEAR!!!

I ONCE THOUGHT ABOUT POSTING OR HAVE ONE OF YOU POST CALLENDER PICTURES BUT HELL WHO NEEDS TO ASK WITH FRIENDS LIKE YOU GUYS???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Ok... I'll bite.

THAT guy sounds like a sour-grapes dickless wonder.
I'd bet he's only kilt pot-guts 'an grasshoppers.
Never had the oppertuity to show off how great a bwanna he is, smuggly scowling at the photographer, standing 4 feet behind the critter to make it look EVEN bigger than it is...

Damn I LOVE those kinds of pics.

Bong, your a piece of work.
"smuggly scowling at the photographer"
A piece of work I like.

I take a ton of pictures of everything I, my boy, or any memeber of my family kills. I proudly display them on the web, and show them off to my friends and co-workers. I'm proud of being a hunter, and I enjoy educating the non-hunters on the sport. I feel very fortunate to participate in this sport, and have the opportunity to do and see things that most people never will. These pictures help me share those experiences. I look through the pictures often and reminice about the good times I had, and remember the great feeling of accompishment I had when the photos were taken.
If I'm fortunate enough to kill a bull moose this September in Alaska, I'll be damned if I'm leaving there without a pic of me, my buddy and my moose. And I really don't care if somebody thinks I'm taking that pictures to compensate for something lacking in my life or not.

I look for the information value. Tells me where there are many animals, good quality animals, etc.. I don't post a lot of pictures myself, I was in F&H News when I was 12 and again at 15 and I've been editor of a paper, though I do have one nice mount and save my horns. Obviously everyone wants to retain memories of their great hunts, that's what pics and mounts are for, though some folks get carried away with that aspect.

Thanks for the replies. I think it's interesting to see what other's views are on topics like this. Most of us have been getting our pictures taken with our catch of the day or bag of the day ever since we were kids, and it is still fun to look back on them.
Rutnbuck and I have been hunting together since we were old enough to walk down through the fields. We have alot of pictures and videos of our hunts-- good thing too, sometimes when we're sitting around talking about past hunts, it seems like animals grow a few more points and fish gain a few more pounds and inches. So I will agree, a picture seals the moment.."Well put"!...And I know I like to bring out my pictures (and they all don't depict me as the HERO) for a mind refresher. Now I would say that if someone doesn't have even ONE HERO picture of himself, he doesn't get out enough, doesn't have a friend to take the picture or he doesn't know how to operate the "SELF" on the camera....RIMROCK

At least it ain't politics!!!!!

"Hero pictures" I would call them great moments to look back on and share with others. Some of the pictures I see here are incredible. knowing I may never have a chance at a 400 in. bull or a monster muley, it is really cool to see that other can and do get these opportunities. (some continiously year after year).

Though I would not call them hero pictures, I have my own definition of "hero" That is someone that knowingly puts themselves in harms way for someone else and asks for nothing in return.

Please keep the pictures coming.

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

In my younger days I never took pictures of anything. Fish or game. All I cared about was the memories in my mind. As I get older I wish I had more to share with the grandkids and other folks. As you get older I think you spend more time living in the past. Right or wrong.

I have a picture I would love to post for Bobcatbess, but he won't let me!:)

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom