Hey accidently drew the Nebo limited entry late archery… any of you trolls

idahohillboy

Got any infor on Nebo in December PM post or troll I don’t care lol. I have hunted it in September but never seen it in December love to get a lil insight to get me fired up for a misteable ***** of a hunt…. Haha

You had to confirm your Hunt application choices at least twice…. Then a confirmation email on top of that….

Let’s be honest here. You threw your name into the hat that potentially had the best draw odds, and your guess ended up working out.

Get in shape. Great shape. They won’t be anywhere near the accessible areas in December as they are the other times of the year.

Send me a PM if you want more specific information.

Got any infor on Nebo in December PM post or troll I don’t care lol. I have hunted it in September but never seen it in December love to get a lil insight to get me fired up for a misteable ***** of a hunt…. Haha

You're lucky, I won't lecture you on what you did since you didn't ask.

Bulls in this unit will be where bulls hang out until harsh conditions force them out. A good bull will stay in the right canyon/drainage all winter so long as there is feed exposed on the south facing sides.

If it's hell to pack one out, you're in the right spot. Since you've hunted it in Sept, you probably already have a good idea where these hellholes are.

I hunted the Manti unit in November in 2015, so not a whole lot different from what you've got going on.

You had to confirm your Hunt application choices at least twice…. Then a confirmation email on top of that….

Let’s be honest here. You threw your name into the hat that potentially had the best draw odds, and your guess ended up working out.

Get in shape. Great shape. They won’t be anywhere near the accessible areas in December as they are the other times of the year.

Let's be honest. You like to troll and throw out junk.

You're lucky, I won't lecture you on what you did since you didn't ask.

Bulls in this unit will be where bulls hang out until harsh conditions force them out. A good bull will stay in the right canyon/drainage all winter so long as there is feed exposed on the south facing sides.

If it's hell to pack one out, you're in the right spot. Since you've hunted it in Sept, you probably already have a good idea where these hellholes are.

I hunted the Manti unit in November in 2015, so not a whole lot different from what you've got going on.
Other than it’s a completely separate unit, access is much more restricted, less winter range, it’s a month later and he’s holding a bow… but yeah, other than that it’s exactly the same as the manti unit in November. ?

You are about as plain as they get.

Other than it’s a completely separate unit, access is much more restricted, less winter range, it’s a month later and he’s holding a bow… but yeah, other than that it’s exactly the same as the manti unit in November. ?

You are about as plain as they get.

Wasn't asking.

Haha I troll a little too when people are dumb and I also help people. Just to be clear know how to hunt with a bow or a rifle. I know the unit as well. I was eluding to the bull quality that late. Thats more what I was wondering about. I can hike into anything basically and I am more of a shoot first and figure the pack out later type unless its a crazy haul in the early September heat.

I actually get a kick out of the trolling but to be clear it was on accident because when I drew it and saw the dates I was like WTF…. I have a Idaho bow hunt I am ussually doing at that time chasing big bucks and I will take a big deer over elk anyday.

To be clear I do not need to lie especially to impress a buncha strangers on MM. I have applied in Utah a lot so I should of known. Drew the tag with 7 points but I was pretty certain I was pointing in Hams or something else…. I do not remember putting in for late archery with a bow. That said I will PM you not offended ?

Plenty. Just the fact I drew out with max points and my nephew drew with zero. Kinda blows yoir argument out of the water. Seems like the hot air is on your side.
Chit, can you not stay focused and on topic? That’s a discussion for the other thread. Not this one. You’re as bad as a biotchy woman. Can let anything go and move on. You one of them she/her lady bois?

To be clear I do not need to lie especially to impress a buncha strangers on MM. I have applied in Utah a lot so I should have known. Drew the tag with 7 points but I was pretty certain I was pointing in Hams or something else…. I do not remember putting in for late archery with a bow. That said I will PM you not offended ?
Nebo doesn’t have a HAMS… I look forward to your PM. I live in the unit and have a very good feel for the current quality

Chit, can you not stay focused and on topic? That’s a discussion for the other thread. Not this one. You’re as bad as a biotchy woman. Can let anything go and move on. You one of them she/her lady bois?
I am sure your a bud light "guy" loud and proud from your mom's basement.

To be clear I do not need to lie especially to impress a buncha strangers on MM. I have applied in Utah a lot so I should of known. Drew the tag with 7 points but I was pretty certain I was pointing in Hams or something else…. I do not remember putting in for late archery with a bow. That said I will PM you not offended ?
It's hard for me to see how a guy who is familiar with applying in Utah could make the mistake(s) and apply for an area he didn't want, thinking it was a Ham's hunt the area doesn't have, during a time frame when he is usually hunting mule which he likes to hunt better!
All that being said I'll take what you said as the truth----a big mistake and give you the best advice I think you'll get.

Turn the tag in, cut your losses and apply somewhere next year you really want to hunt with the 7 points you'll still have. Six other people applied for that hunt and one of them even had 10 points so him or one of the other five would probably be happy to get the tag.

Then you can still freeze your butt off hunting for mule deer in unit 55 in your home state!! Winner Winner chicken dinner!!
:)

It's hard for me to see how a guy who is familiar with applying in Utah could make the mistake(s) and apply for an area he didn't want, thinking it was a Ham's hunt the area doesn't have, during a time frame when he is usually hunting mule which he likes to hunt better!
All that being said I'll take what you said as the truth----a big mistake and give you the best advice I think you'll get.

Turn the tag in, cut your losses and apply somewhere next year you really want to hunt with the 7 points you'll still have. Six other people applied for that hunt and one of them even had 10 points so him or one of the other five would probably be happy to get the tag.

Then you can still freeze your butt off hunting for mule deer in unit 55 in your home state!! Winner Winner chicken dinner!!
:)
So just to clarify I put in for the early archery on purpose for Nebo and maybe I did this hunt too but do not remember doing it. So when I read it and saw the dates I was like dang. No I will keep the tag and unlike other people on this site that ask for help I will let all you old and young MM trolls know how it goes.. I again know the unit somewhat so hopefully I can shoot something in the elk catergory thats worthy of a mount because something needs to balance all these deer heads…

Is that you poacher?

So just to clarify I put in for the early archery on purpose for Nebo and maybe I did this hunt too but do not remember doing it. So when I read it and saw the dates I was like dang. No I will keep the tag and unlike other people on this site that ask for help I will let all you old and young MM trolls know how it goes.. I again know the unit somewhat so hopefully I can shoot something in the elk catergory thats worthy of a mount because something needs to balance all these deer heads…
Go look at your email confirmation you obviously didn't put in for the early hunt as a first choice, my guess is they was right next to each other on the drop down list and you clicked the wrong bubble. Happens to the best of us.

I don't know anything about the nebo, but good luck.

Crap happens. I know 1st hand that accidents happen when applying. About 5 years ago I applied for Unit 9 archery bull in Arizona. When I got the hit on the card I was STOKED. I drew it with 7 points. JACK POT!! Then I went to look at the info when it came out, and I had accidentally applied for an archery cow hunt for that unit. 1 number off and right next to each other in the application section. No, I did not have point guard. But I did draw unit 6A archery bull this year. I got lucky!

Crap happens. I know 1st hand that accidents happen when applying. About 5 years ago I applied for Unit 9 archery bull in Arizona. When I got the hit on the card I was STOKED. I drew it with 7 points. JACK POT!! Then I went to look at the info when it came out, and I had accidentally applied for an archery cow hunt for that unit. 1 number off and right next to each other in the application section. No, I did not have point guard. But I did draw unit 6A archery bull this year. I got lucky!
Buddy did that this year, I think he had 12 or 15 points NR and accidentally drew a cow tag! Ouch!

M
y buddy just did the same thing!

M

y buddy just did the same thing!
Dang, that sucks. I tried to fight it with the system. They said that if I want to petition it, I could fill out a form and they would bring it to their meetings. I could do it in person, or fill out everything and they would have a rep read my petition. So, I did that since it was a 2 day meeting. Well, when it came to me ( I was watching live), they literally skipped over it. Said no point guard, too bad. My problem was they mixed the cow hunts in between 2 bull hunts and the lines are so small and were not highlighted if you clicked it. It was like a full page of fine print on some lame agreement. It was hard to see. And about 15 others had done the same as me. They didnt care if you were there in person or had a rep do it. SUCKED!

I used to live on the north end of the Nebo unit. I'd be happy to give you some pointers about where I saw bulls that time of year. Drop me a DM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom