Hey Homer,You Might Wanna Thank Brandon!!!

In 2035 I'll be 80 years old. Chances are someone will have taken my license by then. Until then I'll drive my fully deleted 2500 Dodge Ram.

Not fake, better hope battery technology improves
Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 9.49.25 AM.png

That cost is somewhat backed up in this article. $10-$25K buys lots of gas IMO! Volt batteries are only good for 100,000 miles...35 mpg divided by 100,000=2857 gallons. 2857 x $4.50 per gallon (average)= $12,857.

That cost is somewhat backed up in this article. $10-$25K buys lots of gas IMO! Volt batteries are only good for 100,000 miles...35 mpg divided by 100,000=2857 gallons. 2857 x $4.50 per gallon (average)= $12,857.

Don't forget to figure how much it costs to charge up the batteries for 100,000 miles. Electricity rates will skyrocket too.

Don't forget to figure how much it costs to charge up the batteries for 100,000 miles. Electricity rates will skyrocket too.
PGE and whoever the local electricity companies are will have a field day charging max prices....but our gov't will surely regulate as to keep the peasants pleased. Ya right!

Who think there is unlimited amount of oil still under ground waiting to be found?
only some many dinosaurs died. The future is quick coming either catch up or get left behind. I know I will be long gone by the time they quit pumping.

Who think there is unlimited amount of oil still under ground waiting to be found?
only some many dinosaurs died. The future is quick coming either catch up or get left behind. I know I will be long gone by the time they quit pumping.

Oil doesn't come from dinosaurs and there is enough in the USA to last another 3 lifetimes.

No more new gas powered cars starting 2035? I'll just buy a 2034 Tacoma and be done. I'll be about 85 in 2035.

I went to Premier Oil Change today and changed the transmission fluid, and the oil in my differentials and transfer case. Almost $400. EV's don't have any of that.

No more new gas powered cars starting 2035? I'll just buy a 2034 Tacoma and be done. I'll be about 85 in 2035.

I went to Premier Oil Change today and changed the transmission fluid, and the oil in my differentials and transfer case. Almost $400. EV's don't have any of that.
Each wind turbine needs about 80 gallons of oil that needs to be changed every 8-12 months.... very fossil fuel friendly

The best thing California could do is close down their electricity producing nuclear power plants and remove their hydroelectric producing dams. Oh wait, they are doing that now.

So you are saying roughly 240 years give or take a day or two they will still be pumping oil.
driving around the country I see alot of them not pumping $hit. You would think with oil getting to high dollar those old one would replaced with new ones unless they are already dry wells.
Like I said I doubt I will be around when it runs dry, But I think it will sooner then 3 lifetimes

Well...at least they are at the beautiful Madonna Inn....they could rent an exotic room....

You could’ve done that yourself for a lot less.
You must have money to burn eel.

Buckhorn when you are mine and Eel's age, we are too darn old to crawl under cars anymore like we did earlier in life.

RELH

You could’ve done that yourself for a lot less.
You must have money to burn eel.
It's only every 60,000 miles and I'd screw it up somehow. Plus, I'd get covered in oil. And no place to dump the old oil except under a redwood tree with my engine oil.

Buckhorn when you are mine and Eel's age, we are too darn old to crawl under cars anymore like we did earlier in life.

RELH
Yeah I’m beginning to feel it at 65. Crawling under isn’t too bad it’s getting back out that’s getting more difficult ha ha.

And how long does it take to charge at one of those stations?
How long does it take to charge a Tesla using a Supercharging station? Superchargers can recharge a vehicle's battery up to 80% in just about 40 minutes. After the battery reaches 80%, it will begin to charge slower to protect the battery's health until it reaches a full charge.

How long does it take to charge a Tesla using a Supercharging station? Superchargers can recharge a vehicle's battery up to 80% in just about 40 minutes. After the battery reaches 80%, it will begin to charge slower to protect the battery's health until it reaches a full charge.
There are two types - fast and slow. Around here, the slow charger will work in your garage.

The ”fast” charger hits the peak demand pricing by the load alone (at least with our elec coop). Plus, you might need to upgrade your service drop. We got a grant to install them at a business I’m associated with.

The Ferd dealer was required to put in a fast charging station before they could take delivery of the new Lightning’s or whatever they’re called. $60k. :oops:

If you’re going to take your electric buggy thru the 4 corners, you need an itinerary built around charging stations.

Each wind turbine needs about 80 gallons of oil that needs to be changed every 8-12 months.... very fossil fuel friendly
That’s why they need people to drive EV’s. Save the oil for the wind machines and save the fuel for generators.

Another question. All these emergency facilities (hospitals etc) have large back up generators. They going to have to go to battery backup? Most don’t have the room.

What's involved with that?
For us (hotel), it was running an upgraded service drop to the charging bays. For a hotel in our circumstance, we could provide the slow charging option for free if you stayed overnight in the hotel.

If you were just passing thru and needed to use the charging bays, you put your credit card in just like the gas pumps. It was a 30 minute thing as I remember. But sometimes I doze off in those boring meetings ;)

Besides, I roll coal so tend to ignore this new age bullchit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom