Hey Sniper

B

bullwidgeon

With that new Leica digital camera have you ever attempted to take a picture through any of your optics (Binos or spotter)?? If so did they turn out? Does the camera zoom work when you do that or should you not use the camera zoom when attempting that. If you have any photos that are like that I would like to see them to see what I can expect. I am trying to make a decision when it comes to cameras/video camera purchases and these questions keep popping up in my mind. Thanks man.
Bret Mattausch

Bret, I half heartedly tried once to photograph through my 30's but didn't mess with ti but for a minute. I was going to photograph the buck I killed but I was in a hurry and didn't mess try to hard.

There is an adapter available that Leica makes that attaches the camera to their spotting scopes, and the Outdoorsmans is in the process of making adapters for it to attach to most of the higher quality spotters, like Zeiss and Swarovski. I'm probably going to sell my Leupold spotter and work toward getting one that will attach to the camera.

The camera has a 3 power zoom and I'm sure you could use it to shoot through scopes or binoculars. It also has manual focus option which you would need to do that. The article I read from the Outdoorsmans stated that you could hold the camera and photograph through spotters and binoculars but it was difficult to hold the camera still enough for a quality photo. I'll get out here pretty soon and see what I can do with it.

Give the Outdoorsmans a call at 800-291-8065 and ask for the Western Optics Hunter issue 2. The article in there is very informative on digital cameras and the Leica Digilux I in particular. There are also some Coues hunting articles and an article entitled Tips for Glassing Coues Deer. A nice little mag.

Scott

Thanks Scott,
I saw the first issue, it was very informative. I will have to check out the second issue.

Bret M.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom