Hey ya'll... from Argentina

BUL_KRZY

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-04 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-04 AT 08:26?PM (MST)

Down here on business ( wish I could go down to Patagonia fishin or something!) thought I'd just say hello. What other countries have people posted to MM from?

Down here for two weeks so to keep my sanity I have to bring the elk huntin videos, a few snowmobile videos, and read up on the latest and greatest on MM.

Can't wait to get back to UT, load up the trailer, and head out scoutin!

laters!

BUL_KRZY

BUL_KRZY,

What part of the country are you in? I lived down there for a couple of years in Salta, Tucuman, and Jujuy.

Mountain.gif

Okay....thats weird......I lived down there for a few years as well. I lived in Salta, Tucuman, and Jujuy.......hmmmm...._droptine_, what years were you there???

Well BUL_KRZY...enjoy the time down there. I sure do miss the food. Be sure and have some empanadas and some choripan!! And dont forget the mate'.

TUFF

>What
>other countries have people posted
>to MM from?

I posted once from North Carolina. And don't anyone tell me that ain't another country. :)

What do you guys do that takes you to Argentina? If you don't mind my asking and you don't mind tellin'.

Are you at all close to the Cordoba area? We're lookin at goin there dove huntin likely next year.

I hear from my Argentinian barber that you can get a great dinner for 4 people now for about $25 U.S.! Great to hear the dollar goes far somewhere. Enjoy your time down there!!!

Freedivr2......when I was there you could get a GREAT dinner for 4, for less than $25.00. Now the exchange rate is even better.......Lets just say I spent less than $100.00 a month on food when I was there....and I ate well. (Gained 15 pounds in the first 3 months). Let me warn you though, once you eat Argentine food, you will be addicted. They have the best beef in the WORLD!!! Cordoba is gorgeous....
----------------------------------------------------------------
Now to answer the question on why I was there....I lived in Argentina for 2 years as a missionary for the LDS(Mormon) church. I lived there from 1997-1999.

TUFF

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-04 AT 09:53PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-04 AT 09:52?PM (MST)

I'm right downtown in Buenos Aires, so I'm stuck in the city most of the time. I have taken a few weekend excursions to Uruguay and also to Mendoza. I really would like to do some fishing down here (Browns in Patagonia) and they have a bird they call the "Pheasant of the Pampas" I'd like to go hunt sometime.

The food down here is unreal! What would cost you 400 to 500 US back home for 4 people is easily less than $100. The exchange rate is 3 to 1 with the US dollar right now. Incredible wood fired grilled meat (bife de chorizo y bife de lomo)too. Likely the best cuts I've ever had.

I come down here about once every two months for a week or two. I manage some business (computer stuff) for Microsoft. We're a contractor with them and have an office down here where we support customers from all over the world. I don't speak much Spanish though. I actually speak Japanese and it does me no good here!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom