High Cascade hunt

E

ElkRig

Here is a picture of my buddies blacktail he took on Sept. 7, 2002 during Oregon's high cascade hunt.

brett91802.jpg

Yea about 3 hours of dragging straight downhill. We screwed up and should of caped it and went and got pack boards but since we were there already we just grabbed the horns and took off. By the time we hit bottom all his summer coat was gone and the velvet was peeled off in areas. Lesson learned. We went from 4800 feet to 2800 feet on the drag.

It was in the Santiam unit. I scouted it a couple weeks before season and saw 4 bucks about that size in one clearcut right at first light. My wife also got her first deer (2x2) 276 yards with one shot from a 300 mag. I was impressed.

Congrats. Ive held that tag a couple of times before but never even went due to chasing elk around with a stick and string. Its definately a very over looked opp.

i think that i recognize where you shot this but i wont give away what might be your spot on the forum. i know i will never tell where i hunt the high cascade. i am just thinking of an old cow pasture.

Thanx, Miked maybe I will see you there sometime in the future. I wish it was a cow pasture it would have been an easy pack.

the cow pasture i was thinking of is no easy hike. it is about what you described for the pack. the other place i was thinking of i would have to CHEAT to get there.

miked

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom