high fence elk ranch

T

thegooddocter

i am new to this site and need some help. i have bow hunted the island park zone for 15+ years. i know there are grizzly in that zone and have learned to deal with that. about 4-5 years ago a high fence hunting operation was opened in the area. in the 15+years i have hunter that zone i have never seen a grizzly bear. Last year the high fence hunting operation started to gut the elk outside the fence and the bears were thick. i seen 3 different grizzly bears from the main road feeding on these guts. the Idaho fish and game was made aware of this and there is nothing that they can do about it because these elk are "livestock and under control of the State AG board. After several phone calls an investagator was sent to look into these complaints. the state said that the guts were to buried / and then the remaining animals gutted inside the fence or removed. the same holds true for this year. the elk are being gutted outside the fence and the bears are back. the fish and game is spend our the hunters money educating the public on bear smart camping and informing home owners that leaving bird feeders , garbage etc out our atracting these bears and not to do it. the State has been informed and does not seem to care or have not been up to look into the reports. the fish and game tells me that the public has the only power to stop this. what we need to do as idaho hunters is write or contact the state and voice our thoughts on this activity.

one to save theses bears from being killed
two to prevent somebody from being mauled last year a hunter was bite by a sow / with a cub above this area last year

Good luck, Doc. I have a cabin about 3 miles from the elk shooting farm, and we have had grizz on our front porch in the last year. I just spent 17 days up there hunting, and there are tracks all over the area. Fish and Game can do nothing. The Department of Agriculture regulates these "livestock". In one 2 week period this summer, F&G trapped 11 grizzlies and collared 9 of them in the area. Two of the bears later died.

The "hunters" reportedly killed 150 plus elk last season, and the entrails were piled outside the fence, right in the middle of bear country. For those that do not know the area, it is only a few miles from the Yellowstone Park border. The locals are up in arms, the animal rights people are touting the great recovery of the mighty grizzly, and the hunters in the area better be packing spray and heat.

Throw in a bunch of wolves which are there, and you can only imagine how the elk are fairing.

thanks for the feed back.. please call the county comm, state AG board and the Fremont county sherriff and complain about this maybe we can get this corrected if we all start putting pressure on them to make them conform to the rules

This must be the old Rammell place? I have a cabin near Robinson Creek and hunt the area. Talking to those who live up there, there sure seems to be an increase in Griz activity in recent years. 150 elk gut piles a year? There is going to be a bunch of well trained bears in that area for years to come.....

Right below two top? take your pick velvet ranch, Meadow creek, and rammel place, only have heard of one dumping guts. passing the buck for sure but this is a "livestock " Operation in every sense of word. Called in nice wild bull but unnerving to have that many grizz in vicinity.

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom