High Fence

joesikora

Long Time Member
Question! there‘s an auction for a desert sheep hunt in MX for world class rams, although its high fence but 12,000 acres would this animal still be unable to be in the BC Record Book even though it’s some many acres?

SCI maybe the way to go like the majority Mexico harvests.

B9A0DE70-1619-43A4-91AE-66C56B8F0D86.jpeg

Thanks guys that’s what I thought as well, I just wondered since the hunters are spending that much money why wouldn’t they go with an outfitter that hunted fair chase! now they spending this much money to harvest world record trophies so why not wait for the outfitter to find you a BC Ram then you fly down and hunt it!
Just like Mossback did with Spider Bull.

Thanks guys that’s what I thought as well, I just wondered since the hunters are spending that much money why wouldn’t they go with an outfitter that hunted fair chase! now they spending this much money to harvest world record trophies so why not wait for the outfitter to find you a BC Ram then you fly down and hunt it!
Just like Mossback did with Spider Bull.
Limited tag numbers on the free range units makes it very complicated to acquire a permit.

High fenced desert bighorn are $30-40k and free range are $60-100k. Unfortunately like the big muleys you see down there it’s very tough to tell if you’re actually getting a free range sheep on your free range hunt.

Lots of hunters, me included don't care about having your name in a book.
The sad part is, from what I've heard if you want to kill a book ram in some areas in Mexico on "free range" all the outfitter needs to do is open the gate and let a big ram out. Hunter comes in and shoots "book ram!"
Just my .02 cents.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom