High Unitas West Goat

ZaneG

My wife drew a High Unitas West goat tag this year. Not very familiar with the area or any good spots. We could use all the help we can get. Should we plan on backpacking in for a few nights? Can you spot and stalk goats from any roads? Should we find a friend with horses? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

ZaneG- congrats on your wife drawing this tag- it'll be an epic fall! I also drew the tag and sure am looking forward to it!

A goat tag would be fun I may put in for one next here in utah after I draw my moose. Maybe I'll have to put in out of state with how long it takes to draw a tag though. Good luck and hopefully you post some pics of the hunt.

One of my top hunts ever. Congrats, make the most of it and savor it. It's spectacular! Happy to help if you need more info. I hunted it in 2014 the same year Smokepoke had the tag

The full body mount
21656mikephone090.jpg

ZaneG,
I have hunted this hunt 3 times. Yes you can shot one right from the road if you really want. I have spent a large number of days in the unit chasing them. This hunt can and will be as hard or easy as you want it to be.
PM me and I will spill my guts and tell you everything!
Best of luck to you and your wife.
Hunterturbo

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom