HighDesertOutfitter

I got a letter from oregon game and fish that he lost his license for illegally possessing a cougar. This is after the game department allowed him to apply me for tags. I have not heard a single word from him, and have not gotten any of my money back from him. Real classy guy.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-08 AT 11:11AM (MST)[p]hasn't he posted here before, he prob used your money for his legal fee's, go after his bond thats what it's for, don't wait!

call oregon Dept game and fish tell them his outfitter name and get his license # and bond # hopefully he purchased them for this year then call the bond Co. hopfully you have a recipt of the money you gave him...? simple few phone calls .......

>He has posted here before.
>How do I go after
>his bond?
>
>Thanks

All guides and outfitters hunting on public land have to be registered & bonded with the Oregon State Marine Board.Their website will give you the contact info to follow up. The head man is John Berry, 503-378-2519.

Just recieved an email from Highdesert, sounds like he has been having some family problems that I won't talk about. Also sounds like he has been working hard on getting everyones money back. Things are looking up. Thanks again for the email Highdesert.

I want to share a bit of information with all of you that are talking about High Desert Outfitters in this forum. To begin with - you are all talking about the wrong outfitter. High Desert Outfitters is based out of Adel, Oregon. It is operated by an individual of the highest level of integrity and honesty.

The outfitter that you have described and been discussing is High Desert Outdoors. He has taken peoples money as deposits and has since lost all of his licenses. You can contact check this out.

Muleyman, you can contact Chuck Messner of High Desert Outfitters very easily. Get his number from information in Adel, OR. He will tell you how to go after the bond for the guy that took your money. Again - you have made a serious mistake with the name of the outfitter.

High Desert Outfitters just guided for my wife. Everything went far better than described and she took a huge California Ram. There is absolutely nothing that we could complain about with the service and fantastic experience.

Please check out what I have written. The guy from High Desert Outdoors called my wife after she got drawn for the sheep tag and tried to badger her into retaining him to guide her. She did not like his approach or attitude. We are glad that she blew him off since he has taken advantage of a lot of people and not produced any acceptable results that we could find.

On the contrary - You can check out High Desert Outfitters with ODFW, other outfitters like Mathers Outdoors in Bend, OR, and with the Oregon State Marine Board. All guides and outfitters hunting on public land have to be registered & bonded with the Oregon State Marine Board.Their website will give you the contact info to follow up. The head man is John Berry, 503-378-2519.

I hope that everyone interested will check out the info that I have shared and that Muleyman will respond with a change in the name of the outfitter that took his money.

Also - you could not go wrong to retain High Desert Outfitters for any hunt that they will guide you on.

Tagsoup,

Please read the posting that I just put on the forum re: High Desert Outfitters.

Please check the info that I have shared - and please post a correction in the name of the outfitter that took your money.

As I mentioned, Chuck Messner of High Desert Outfitters in Adel, Oregon is of the highest caliber, completely honest, with total integrity. We know from experience - he is both a fantastic guide and individual.

High Desert Outdoors is the outfitter that you described. He has taken peoples money, lost all of his licenses, and not refunded the deposits.

Please do post a retraction as it is so unfair to speak of High Desert Outfitters as you have rather than as I said - High Desert Outdoors who totally deserves the blame for what he has done.

I can gladly discuss it. As I am the owner of High Desert Outdoors INC. What transpired this year was unfortunate but still happend. I mis-marked an item on my BLM permit application and my permt was denied on June 26, 2008. It was at that point that I am no longer able to conduct hunts for this year on public lands. I made a siple clerical mistake. For that I had to cancel all of my hunters and refund their deposits.

I provide the absolute best camps that can be had when I provide a hunt. In March with the deposits that I had recieved I purchased over 9000.00 worth ofnew equipment. and paid for the conventions that I went to.

So on June 26th I was denied I contacted all of my clients except 2 which I did nt have phone numbers for Tagsoup was one. I took a job running heavy equipment out of state and began to work. I filed my appeals with the blm blah blah blah. I was in the hole approximately 15,000 dollars worth of deposits that stated specifically on the hunt contract Deposits are non-refundable.

Well I am not that type of person to not provide a service and take someones money. So I was working nd trying to get a loan. I started trying to liquidate everything I owned. I tried to sell the new equipment I bought but to no avail. I went to the bank to get a loan for the refunds that I wanted to refund still to no avail loan was denied because I had no income. So my partner in the business went down and took out a home equity loan. To where we could refund everyones money on top of that we had to wait for money to come back from the state and that took 6 weeks.

So needless to say All of My clients have been refunded their Tag fees and deposits. No one gave us any money that did not get it back.

Just so you KNOW STEVE RAY I AM STILL A LICENSED BONDED AND INSURED GUIDE IN THE STATE OF OREGON AND I STILL GUIDE ON PRIVATE LANDS I JUST NO LONGER USE PUBLIC LAND. SO BEFORE YOU GO SPEWING LIES CHECK WITH ALL OF MY CLIENTS FROM THIS YEAR AND ASK THEM IF THE GOT THEIR REFUNDS. ALL OF THEM DID!

SO BEFORE YOU GO BAD MOUTHING SOMEONE IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU HAD ALL OF YOUR FACTS RIGHT AND KNEW THE ENTIRE SITUATION. CALL JOHN BERRY ASK HIM IF I STILL HAVE A GUIDE LICENSE AND I GURANTEE YOU I DO. SO WHOEVER YOU ARE AND WHATEVER YOUR FIGHT IS WITH ME BRING IT TO ME FACE TO FACE AND WE CAN DISCUSS IT NOT ON A BOARD. SO WHAT TOWN ARE YOU I STEVE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.

David Antley,

It is great to see you respond so quickly to the posting and to verify that it was High Desert Outdoors, Inc. that had the problems with permits and refunds, etc. - instead of -"High Desert Outfitters". A great number of very satisfied clients of High Desert Outfitters appreciate your clarifying the point.

One question though - since you are obviously watching this web site, why have you not responded earlier and taken responsibility for your issues rather than let people go on thinking that it was "High Desert Outfitters" that had the problems??? Just curious!!!

At any rate, it is also great to hear that you have been able to refund all of the deposits that you received for this year. Even though your Agreeement may say no refunds - anyone that would receive that kind of statement would expect it to mean that if it was the fault of the hunter that you could not take them - then the deposit would not be refunded. No - one would give a deposit and not expect it to be returned if the guide lost a license, permit, got sick or injured, or for any other personal reason could not take the hunter on the retained hunt.

The purpose of the original posting was to let people know that Tagsoup had the wrong guide named in his posting. It would not have been fair to High Desert Outfitters to let that go without a response.

The issue was with Tagsoups posting the incorrect outfitters name. Since Tagsoup claims to have sent you a deposit, one would think that he/she would have used the correct name of the guide that the deposit was paid to in a posting????!!!

Although - if you had responded to his posting with the information that you have included in your posting - and cleared the good name of High Desert Outfitters, then no one would have felt compelled to respond and post. So - thank you for straightening out the name mistake.

It takes an honorable man to take responsibility for ones actions and or situation - and to open up to the world and explain the facts. It is commendable that you have responded to the posting and have shared your information as you have, and that you have refunded all of the deposits for hunts that were taken, when it was not the hunters fault that you could not guide for them.

It is also good to hear that the problems that you have are not as bad as indicated. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-08 AT 08:57AM (MST)[p]headhunter69' you sound like a pompus ...

i guided for 11 years so i know how chit can happen! no excuse's, cause excuse's are like an A S S everyone has 'em and they all smell the same!

No My father is my partner he is retired and has no bills. But since you like talking crap when I contacted you. I did not talk to your wife. You had specifically stated that you had aready booked wth Chuck! and I said good luck and tha was the end of that. I never tried to sell you or your wife I called you to ask i you were needing a guide service tht is all you ha already ad chuck booked.

For the Reason why I did not post earlier I was out of state working and Did not have Internet access until I got the current job that I have in portland. So since you still know so much about everything good luck and have a great life.

I will agree with you on your description of our discussion. After we spoke - a guy called and got my wife who said he was "Randy" - and pushed her very hard to sign up for a hunt. I assumed that was you - so if it was not you, then I retract that statement.

At any rate - thanks for setting the records straight.

Let me get this right steve you come on here and bad mouth me to a incredibly large audience and slander me talking and insulting me. Then accuse me of pressuring your wife when it was you who I talked to. Then say woops guess it was some guy named randy.

Give me a break what do you take us for. Sounds like you are just a hypocrite Steve and I am very sorry for the type of person you are. You put out blatant lies and damaged my buinesses hard won reputation for being honest and straight forward damaging our reputation and a few other things risking our ability to possibly book hunts in the future. I may have an attorney review your statements as they are bordeline slanderous and libel due to the fact that they were blatant lies and you were knowingly putting out misleading information.

David,

Caller ID - was the source of thinking that Randy and you were one in the same. As I mentioned - if that is not correct, then so be it.

My posting was to have people understand that Tagsoup had made a serious mistake in names when he was going on about High Desert Outfitters. I think that has been hashed and rehashed.

Thank you again for clarifying everything.

Signing Off....

Wow, I have not checked this post in a while.

It was High Desert Outdoors not High Deset Outfitters that I had booked the hunt with sorry for the mix up. I did get my refund, thank you Dave.

Dave seems to me to be a very honest guy, and I hope that he does get his blm permit back. I would book another trip with Dave with out thinking twice.

Sorry for the name mix up.

Again thank you Dave. And I hope that you and your family are doing well.

Tagsoup

sounds like headhunter has to much time on his hands....or maybe he has a little man crush....because unless you really dislike highdesert or you have a "interest" you spend alot of time defending highdesertoutfitter

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-08 AT 06:57PM (MST)[p]"I provide the absolute best camps that can be had when I provide a hunt. In March with the deposits that I had received I purchased over 9000.00 worth of new equipment. and paid for the conventions that I went to."

So... you took the deposits and spent the money on new "equipment" and conventions?

Back
Top Bottom