HMA's in 164/125- Worland

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I thought I'd throw this out again but has anyone hunted the Washakie HMA's for whitetail ever? Appreciate any info.....thanks.

I have not hunted the HMA's, but was recently in the area and saw the HMA signs. What is required to hunt them?

I wasn't aware of any HMA in that area with that name which usaully requires printing a permission slip online.

You referring to possibly walk in areas?

I wasn't aware of any HMA in that area with that name which usaully requires printing a permission slip online.

You referring to possibly walk in areas?
Yes....I have been calling them HMA's instead of WIA's. My apologies....
I called the G and F and they said no permission slip needed. Just go and park and follow rules that are stipulated for each WIA. I will double check on this now though. LOL

Yes....I have been calling them HMA's instead of WIA's. My apologies....
I called the G and F and they said no permission slip needed. Just go and park and follow rules that are stipulated for each WIA. I will double check on this now though. LOL

Yep bingo.

Found this in the Summary of WIA rules......

"Hunters or anglers are not required to seek permission from the landowner directly as long as they are hunting approved species during the access period as shown in the access table for that Walk-In Area. AllWIAs have signs posted to mark the boundaries"

I'm familiar with the WIAs, but there were some HMAs near Hyattville. Other than dates and species, there weren't any rules posted. So I was interested in what kind of licenses were required.

I briefly read thru the regulations. If it was in there, I missed it.

Thanks.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom