Hmmm part 2

cabinfever

Very Active Member
apparently the moderators don't like this discussion.

Nemont

I got one word for you:adoption. There are responsible hard working couples standing in long lines to adopt. Yet we keep rewarding these irresponsible adults with welfare checks every time they have a baby. DCPS needs to be more agressive in pulling these kids out of the homes of irresponsible parents and letting people who are responsible adopt them.

Just for the record, I'm not in the Santorum camp. There are many of his views I don't agree with.

Nemont, I'm not going to change your views and your certainly not going to change mine. You say you are conservative, yet you don't think there is a double standard in this country as the orignal article stated. If you do not think there is a double standard in this country, than I'm left to conclude that you are either blind, ignorant, or liberal.

I want to puke everytime Obama is given credit for killing Bin Laden. Locating and killing Bin Laden was accomplished through the intelligence community who were many of the same people employed during bushes term. Obama simply made the same decision any other person would have made when given the choice.If Mcain would have been elected he would have been killed under Mccains presidency. If Hillary would have been president, he would have been killed under her presidency. The intelligency community and the navy seals should get 99.9% of the credit for bin ladens death.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-12 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p]

See here is the problem, you don't read what I write. Go read the locked thread and find out that I didn't say Obama killed bin Laden. I said I applauded him for having the guts to send our SEALS in. If you don't think that took guts then you are beyond help.

Adoption would be fine except people only want to adopt newborns that are perfect in every way. You have a very difficult time finding an adoptive family for a baby that has problems, of any kind.

In addition I never said there was not a double standard. I said deal with it, if you know going in there is a double standard then be an adult about it ignore the double standard. Can you control the media?

People are too stupid to understand playing devil's advocate because I find almost everyone on here who claims to be a conservative have not reasoned through their positions on most issues. Almost all of them react to what is printed or broadcast in the MSM without a principled, reasoned response.

I hated Bill Clinton, it was visceral reaction to the mere image of him that caused me alot of angst to him and what he did or didn't do. I simply cannot conjure up hatred for Obama, I believe he is nearly devoid of a personality. I don't believe he gets up in the morning plotting how he is going to destroy this country. I didn't vote for him nor will I vote for him this time around.

I could care less what you conclude, or don't conclude. I could care less whether your mind is changed and if you consider me the next coming of Lenin. The same Republicans who preach adoption don't do it themselves. In conserative household and Christian households the teen pregnancy rate, STD rates, divorce rate, infidelity rate et, etc are identical to society at large. So you can deal with facts as they are or as you wish them to be.

How many kids have you adopted? How many single moms have you invited in to live in your house and show them the way to take personal responsibility? My wife and I have had foster kids a couple of times as we are a respite house for other foster parents who need a break. Those kids had zero choice in how stupid their biological parents are. That is niether a liberal or conservative thing it is a human condition issue. I could hold those parent responsible for everything and still end up with their kids in my home.

Nemont

P.S. I see you have failed to find a single thread where I supported and encouraged a flaming liberal idea. It should be easy to find if one post exists.

Nemont is advocating abortion for old people like me who were born after WWII. OK maybe euthenasia would be a better description. Granny Killer!!

not even close to the truth. I am advocating for action to now to head of an even worse fate in the future. Doesn't seem like people want to face up to the truth.

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-12 AT 12:25PM (MST)[p]Nemont

I read what you wrote, and frankly don't see the difference.Why do you think he sent the seals in.....hmmmm...maybe to kill bin laden).What the navy seals did took guts. Standing in the oval office thousands a miles away and giving the command to take out bin laden took zero guts. It's the same call, you, me or a million other americans would have made had we been in the same position.

We have but one vote and a lot of opinion to make a difference in this country. I will continue to exploit every chance I get the double standard in the liberal media. If I can help one person see the light by exploiting the liberal media, than my opinion has made a difference.

I get the impression that you think conservatives are all a bunch of mindless sheep....pawns of the media.That might be a good description for the pipers and 440's of the world, but I think most conservatives can figure things out without you being the devils advocate.

I hated Clinton for the same reasons you did, but at least we had a strong economy on his watch. I don't think Obama conscienly thinks up ways to kill the economy either. His ideology is whats killing this country.Obama has ton's of personality. Thats what got him elected. Bush had zero personality, but than again running for the highest office in the land shouldn't be a personality contest. How anyone who calls themselves a conservative can not be upset with the direction Obama is taking this country is a mystery to me.

Since you asked, I have helped a couple single mothers the last couple years who were abandoned by dead beat husbands. One of those mothers is a relative, whom I still continue to support. My wife and I have taken in troubled teens on several ocassions. My brother owns and operates boys academys in Porto Rico and Utah. I worked with troubled teens as I put myself through college. I have said it once and I will say it again, the core root of all the problems these kids face can be traced back to the deterioration of the family. The statistics bare it out. Kids that are raised with a mother and father in the home are substantially more successful in life.Of course, there has to be structure. When I worked with troubled teens there was always one common denominator that was the root of the kids behavior: the parent.Me or any politican would get evicerted for saying this by the liberal media, but look back prior to world war II. Most mothers stayed at home and raised their children, whilst the father was the bread winner. Kids back than new the value of work, respected adults, and went on to contribute to the success that made this country great.I have nothing against democrats.In know many who share the same old fashion values that I do. My beef is with the radical left who celebrates single parent families, homosexual marriages, gays adopting and raising kids,infidelity outside of marriage. Hollywood is Obamas poster child for family values.Where do you think he gets his war chest for campaigning.

Personally, your posts make me tired. It's not so much that you support liberal ideas, it's that you seem to have something negative to say about the conservative ones.

I'll bet we can agree on one thing. The problems in this country fall squarely on the backs of all political parties. Where it seems we disagree, is that I happen to think the radical left is puting us on a fast track to failure, and Obama is leading that charge.

I made a promise to a moderator to bow out of the political forum. Nothing I can add here that you all don't already know.

Thanks,

Nemont

Nemont, you should bow out of the political forum. Spend that time with a second job to help pay my social security. Thanks.

Eel

I have no idea what you guys are talking about I've been off for a while. NeMont is always reasonable and his posts are intelligent if one of you moderators truly did ask him to stay off please tell me to leave as well. We'll just hand in over to the Morons instead of someone with a working brain. You might as well get rid of Dude, forkie, RELH and turn the discussion over to some of the others. Lets just rename it Nanny Talk and turn it over to Manny.

Sounds like the Kona boys are drinking too much to me. They're just f**king with you, relax. You have to learn to f**k back! Go to the Campfire forum and see my thread on what's really going on in Kona. Talk about gay marriage... :)

lmmfao.....locking threads or nuking them completely takes lots of deliberation...lol

or 2 glasses of wine and a little prodding...lmmfao

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-12 AT 02:49AM (MST)[p]hmmm.... I've never posted in the political forum. Too many plicks!

* edit... Damn predictive text

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom