Hockey Playoffs.....

Hiker

Any hockey fans in here?

Are you guys watching these games?

Great games thus far......

Go Avalanche!!!!!!!!!

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

I'd love to be an AVS fan but they don't show the games on my basic cable package and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to watch playoffs.

BeanMan

Hiker looks like your Avs are on a roll, nice win in OT. My Flames are at the pond tonight shooting Ducks. Could be our teams meet up this year.

Powderburn,
I've really enjoyed the playoff games this year, so far. The Avs have been playing well, as of late but to be honest, I don't want the Avs to play your Flames, I've seen that netminder of yours, steal quite a few games in his short career. Calgary was the one team, I was wishing we didn't have to play anytime soon. Alberta is being represented well this year with both of their teams making it. I'm rooting for both of them, that is until we have to play one of them.

Beanman, That stinks that they won't show the games on your Cable Package. I have DISH and we finally got OLN back, so now I can enjoy other games.

Go Avs!!!!!!!!

Hiker

The NHL kicks a$$ and the NBA licks...... There's nothing better than the Stanly Cup playoffs.

Theodor was looking pretty shakey the other night even though the Avs won. Nothing like pulling a victory out of the hands of defeat at the last minute.
I hate Dallas. Did you see the look on Brenden Morrows face after the Avs tied the game? Priceless. Hopefully they can close it out tonight.

Go AVS.

Hiker,
Looks like there are a few upsets on the way. Tampa's gone and Detroit's hanging on by a finger nail. Flames went to the pond to shoot some ducks but them damn ducks shot back. I'm thinking Oilers/Flames then your Avs.

"Did you see the look on Brenden Morrows face after the Avs tied the game? Priceless." ShotgunJim, That was a incredible comeback.

Playoffs are all about peaking at the right time. The AVS struggled all year but now are playing with passion. Hopefully they can keep going and the fire in their belly will keep growing.

So far ......N.J., Ottawa, Colorado and San Jose moves on to the next round and NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Nashville & Dallas goes golfing.

Powderburn, I personally think the Ducks will get shot down and the Flames will move on. The Oilers are going to have war on their hands, this next game with the Redwings, hopefully they will pull it off.

Hiker

Hiker the Flames have got their hands full, it's on to game seven. Edmonton finished off Detroit, thats the biggest upset of the first round. Also looks like your Avs like a little drama in their game with over time wins. The only problem I have is watch all the games but with split screen and a good remote I've seen as much as a guy could. Love the playoffs.

It was a good sports day for me yasterday. First Jimmie Johnson comes from no where to win Talladaga, Edmonton scores 4 3rd period goals after they were getting their butts kicked the first two periods to knock off the Wings, then Anaheim scores a late 3rd period goal to beat the Flames which leads to a game 7. I love game 7s in the Stanley cup playoffs.
It would of been nice to have a Detroit v. Colorado match up, but maybe next year. Plus, I don't think Colorado beat the Wings once during the regular season.
Watching games on OLN is all right and they're doing a good job showing two games a night, but I hope the NHL is back on ESPN next year, because they show a lot more regular season and playoff games with having two channels to show them on.(ESPN&ESPN2)Plus I think Gary Thorn and Bill Clement are the best hockey play by play announcers. Even though when I saw Bill Clament out in public during the winter olympics here in SLC, I walked up to talk to him and he pretty much told me to get the hell away from him.

Carolina and Buffalo moves on to the next round and Montreal and Philly goes golfing! I picked those both wrong, as I thought this was Philly's year, with the help of Forsberg and thought Montreal would upset Carolina.

Powderburn, Tonights the night for your Flames, hopefully they'll play their gritty game and pull it off.

ShotgunJim, Do you ever go to any Grizzly games? We really enjoyed having them in Denver, matter of fact, they won the Cup the year we had them here. They helped to kick start the Avs when they came here. We've had sell outs from the first year on. I still have season tickets to the Avs but gave them over to my friend for a few years. We still go to a lot of Colorado College Hockey games, we have 6 seats right behind the net and my kids love to go watch the Tigers. I enjoy D-1 College Hockey more then Pro's until the playoffs start, then the NHL IMO is the best game on the planet.

Hiker
Flame broiled duck being served in Calgary tonight [hope I don't eat crow]. Flames/Oilers for round 2 could be one of the best roughest series this year.
shotgunjim
Boy did Philly get spanked by Buffalo, that was a converted touchdown, 7 goals.

Hiker, yea I make it to about a dozen or so Grizzly games a year. They won the IHL championship their first year here then really haven't done anything since. They are fun to go to, thats for sure.
I have never been to an Avs game but would love to go sometime. I have a friend who works for Jet Blue, so she flys for free and is a hugh Avalanche fan. She flys all over and goes to Avs games, the only problem is everytime she goes to a game they lose or something else happens.
She went to a Playoff game in Minnasota a few years back and got beat up by some Minnasota Wild chicks and one time at Pepsi Center she got hit with a Peter Foresberg slap shot that went off somebodys stick and hit her right in the crouch and left a hugh purple bruse and had to be helped to a first-aid room. When she returned to her seat the guy that grabed the puck gave it to her.

PB, That was a butt kicking for sure. I was hopeing for a good game. Tonights game should be good, hopefully both teams come ready to play. I even think I smell OT.

Go Avs.

I need a couple good recipes for crow, seems I'll be eating it for a while. I've seen enough Flames games over the years to know when they play as flat as they did in the first you may as well go do an oil change on the truck or cut the lawn. Adds another one of the top teams to the lineup at the tee box.

Powderburn, That game was horrible, I felt for the city of Calgary. I thought they had the Ducks number and would move on. Shotgunjim, I'm glad to see you're supporting the Grizzlies. Hopefully they get a good team together in the near future and SLC will keep them.

Go Avs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiker

Hiker I was somewhat depressed about the flame loss. I really thought they'd win also. I'll have to go for the Ducks now because I'd rather have a sister in a flop house than a brother thats an Oiler fan. How about the Sens/Sabers thats looking like a good match up. 7-6 for the Sabers in game 1.

The Avalanche have been getting their butts KICKED!!!!!!! The Ducks Netminder, has been incredible. Did you guys see that save that he made on Tanguay? Wow!
We need to have a "Avalanche" of goals scored in order to have a prayer in this 2nd round or we are going to be looking for a tee box.

Go AVS!!!!!!

Hiker

The Wings had Colorado 2-0 one year and the Avs came back and won 4 straight. Hopefully something like that happens. Or at least score 1 goal.

Go Avs.

Shotgunjim,
I remember that series with Detroit. Paul Coffey won one of those games for us, LOL. I agree, it would be nice to at least see the red light come on for the Avs. Then, hopefully a Avalanche of goals will get buried in the Ducks net.
Did you guys see the finish to the Devils/Hurricanes game? Incredible! In case you didn't, Devils scored with like 29 seconds left in the 3rd, to go up 2-1. Hurricanes tie it up with 3 seconds left to send it into O.T. and then Carolina wins it in O.T.
If things don't turn around, soon, it looks like California will be playing for the Western Championship. San Jose & Anaheim both sure look tough.
Powderburn, LOL. The Oil are still Albertan, I thought you'd be pulling for them. That's a good one, "I'd rather have a sister in a flop house then a brother whose a oiler fan."

Hiker

I just got back from the Avs and Ducks game. The Avs are struggling! They can't make a pass to save their life.
2 - 5 on 3's and we didn't even get a good scoring chance. We looked like we had 15 pounds blocks on our skates.
Well if we play this way Thursday, we might as well get out the golf clubs and polish them up and get ready for the off-season.

Hiker

Hiker, I got home in time to watch the 3rd period and overtime. Avs are having the same problem the Flames had. The Ducks just plain out played them. That goal in overtime was deflected off the defencemans stick Theodore had no chance.
Look on the bright side, how many playoff games are you going to see when all 4 goals of a 4-0 game are scored by the same
player. Lupul only had 6 shots on net and scored 4 times.

Very very depressing. I kept waking up last night thinking about the game.

0 for about 30 in power plays are not going to win many games. At least they got a SH goal.

Go Avs.

Yes, that SH goal was one of the only highlights of the series for our Avs. Those Neidermayer brothers are fun to watch, especially when it's not the Avs that they're humiliating. Scott is a pro! He is one the best defenseman that I've had the pleasure to watch. He was -1 last night but overall dominated everytime he hit the ice.

Hiker

Well Powderburn & Shotgunjim, the Avs are our golfing. Anaheim sure made us look pretty bad! Lacroix stepped down as GM and will stay on as President. The Avs have 12 or so free agents going into this summer, so it looks like the Avs will look completely different next season. How about the Flames, are you guys losing many players?

Hiker

Damn, they looked completely different this year. I figured Lacroix would ax some heads but had no idea one would be his own.

Whose going to win this round?????

Anaheim vs. Edmonton? I say Anaheim but I'll be rooting for the OIL.:)

Buffalo vs. Carolina? I say Carolina.:)

What do you guys think?

Hiker

Hiker I'm pulling for Anaheim this round and Carolina. Been to busy to catch the games and hope to watch some this weekend. Missed the Oilers win last night but would have been depressed watching that game. It's our May long weekend here and I gave everyone the weekend off and I'm also on call so I may not see a TV until Tuesday.

More great games! Looks like the OIL are going to make it through this round.

Hiker

That was a incredible game last night. Carolina pulled it off and won game one.

Hiker

That was an awsome game. Too bad it ended like it did, I was looking foreward to ot. I feel bad for the Oilers back up goalie, getting thrown into a situation like that and then making a mistake that cost them the game with 30 seconds left. That sucks that Rolo is out for the rest of the series. Hopfully they can rally around who ever is in net and make a series out of it.

Oh whats that smell? 5-0 and I missed the game because I had to drive home from a couple days meetings in Calgary. As far as the last goal the other night it's not the first time the Oilers lost because of poor judgement behind the net. Remmember several years ago Steve Smith's clearing shot from behind the net. It went into his own net off his team mates ankle.

Carolina is up 3 games to 1. The Oilers are do or die from here on. Shotgunjim, I think you're right about Roloson, he was the glue. His backup played pretty well that last couple of games but they need to put "the biscut in the basket" to win.

Hiker

"As far as the last goal the other night it's not the first time the Oilers lost because of poor judgement behind the net." Powderburn, I felt bad for Conklin. He finally gets a shot and has that happen.............

Hiker

Wow! What a game. Now that is how playoff hockey is suppose to be played. From the drop of the puck, every shift, passion from both teams. Edmonton pulled it off. So we are on to game 6.

Hiker

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom