Hole in One, Again.

bkhunter

Here's a picture of the moose I was able to harvest this last weekend in th WY Area 23. I had seen about 12 bulls in the last 8 days hunting and he was the biggest. I needed to get this tag filled so I can concentrate on a limited entry deer tag here in Wy and then off to Nevada for an Ely Bull Elk hunt at the end of the month. Saw one other bull that was a little wider, but small paddles. Dropped him at 80 yds offhand with a .300 mag and cut him in half and got him to the road and loaded him in the back of my truck by myself. Man, was I beat when it was over. Two down, two to go!!!!

434a82033b2c41f7.jpg

434a822a3b8cccb0.jpg

Nice job! That's what we're looking for in Unit 27 for my dad. Thanks for the picture.

Bret,
Where in 23 did you finally get this one? Congrats to you on your Bull and continue to get those other tags filled as well.

Brian

Nice bull! Did you hunt at all around the Murphy Lake area?
A few years ago a 12 year old kid from that area took one that went 50"
I have seen some big ones elk hunting over that way.

I hunted all over, but saw most of the bulls down in the southern area. I killed him up Poison Meadows. A buddy of mine from California killed a great bull yesterday up near Bondurant. Helped him pack it out yesterday. Two moose in three days is exhausting.

Is Unit 23 noted for nice bulls, it sounds like you sure saw quite a few?

Saw a lot of young bulls. Some were a little wider, but very small paddles. This was the biggest bull I saw. It isn't known for large bulls. Pretty steep hunting with limited access. It was my second choice and I drew it with 2 prefrence points, who would of "thunk that". My first choice was the area south, Area 25. The taxidermist that I took him to had a bull out of Area 25 that was a whopper. We guessed it to be in the 165+ class. It had huge paddles and triple forked brow times with 13 points a side. When I am able to apply again, I will put in for Area 25 and the Upper Green Area. I currently have 6 points for the Utah hunt, but it takes a few more for a non-resi.

Yah, now that they're jumping up the point money for non-res. hunters, I need to quit screwing around and apply for something. We'll see how the Unit 27 hunt turns out, but thus far it's not all that impressive. Everybody says the last week is the time to do it though, so we'll save judgement til then.

Thanks for the feedback. You WY resident? I've been playing the goat thing in UT, but plan on switching over to moose when I draw that.

Been a resident for 3 years. Drew the tag with two preference points. Have a lot of points in other states for just about every type of species. The internet application sure has made it difficult to draw tags. All you need is a credit card and a computer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom