Honda Generators??????

quickdrawkinker

I'm toying with the idea of picking up a 2000 watt Honda, but want to make sure it will run the microwave, lights, etc. in my trailer---I know I can buy 2 of these and run them together, but I very seldom use the a/c so I'm wondering if a single 2000 watt generator will run everything I need (besides a/c)???? I'm sure someone on here knows???? Thanks!

Your average micro runs 1500 watts by itself. You can add the rest up and see how much your load really is. When you say trailer I am assuming an RV and not a mobile home. The 2000 watt should be OK for your rv depending on how you use it but not for your house unless you are really wanting the bare bare bones for emergency power. Mayberrys.com I think has the best prices I have seen delivered right to your door.
Shane

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-07 AT 03:13PM (MST)[p]I battled this question also quick. I went with the Yamaha 4000. Noisier, but a better choice IMO. I got mine from USA Light. I would not spend the cash for something that is under sized.

I alsmost forgot. In addition to the appliances you run, the charger for your batteries takes 600W(?) so do not forget that.

I have the 2000 Honda Gnerater and a 34'Travel trailer... Microwave TV Fridge and lights the generater will do it for you!

Thanks guys! I know I'm pushing the limits, but 99% of the time it will only be running a TV and lights, if I need to turn off the TV while I use the microwave then so be it.... I bought a Briggs & Stratton 3000W the first go around and usually left it home because it was too big and way to loud.

The Honda will work for you in your case. Noise is a issue to be dealt with for sure. Yamaha had the quietest over 2000W that I could find. I looked at decibal ratings to compare. Look at USA Light. I think they sell one in 3000W with an inverter? It is very quiet, but kind of spendy. The company I mentioned had the best prices and shipping and handling. 3000W was having me live on the edge with power and running an AC.

I am also in the market for a generator. I have heard great things about the Kipor Generator. I want to go 3000-3500W. But
if I go with the Honda, its a lot of $$$. I believe the Kipor,
is about $600 less.

Everyone compares the "other" generators to honda. Maybe that
ought to tell me something

I have owned a Honda EU2000 and EU3000. Both are great units. The resale value in the Honda is great. I sold both units close to what I paid to them. The 2000 I sold for more 'cause they had a national backorder two years ago and no-one could get them.

Both are very quiet and dependable

muleyman

I just bought a "refurbished" coleman powermate for around $200 and it runs great. 3250 peak watts, 2800 continuous will run my air cond. Refurbished generally means someone returned it. I also wanted a Honda, but I at 1/6th the price, I figured I'd take a chance.

actually consumer reports have the yamaha inverters rated better
for noise, durablity, maintance, economy, fuel(run time per tank)than Honda..
YOU can't go wrong with honda or yamaha
rm

I have 2 Honda EG 2500's I use on my job sites if you take care of the oil they will last a long long time.A little louder than a 2000 but will handle large loads. I have ran a TV,DVD,Micro and 2 lamps all at the same time during power outages. I can rip with 2 skillsaws simutaneously with them.

YOU will pay alot more for gas for a coleman. The Honda or Yamaha will help differ the cost of the generator in the savings in how much gas you use!

Dont forget a good pad lock and chain or cable to lock it to your tailer. Ive heard of to many generators just walikg away from camp sites. I have a honda EU2000 and love it. Quiet and very dependable to run the thing i have on my trailer. Good Luck

Remember that appliance "start-up" draws almost twice the rated watts of the appliance. I also know when Honda says 2000 then that is what it is. The cheaper brands stretch the truth a bit. I also thought about running 2 Hondas in together, but for home emergency use I needed 220 to start and run the well pump.

I thought about the Kipor, but there was a reason I avoided that one. The cheaper Home Depot construction ones were WAY noisy, for a larger unit like my Yamaha 4000, the noise levels are considerably lower.

I wish I had all of my information links about generators. I had some good stuff. I agree, all other makes are compared to Honda. Yes, their resale value is excellent.

I hope all of my ramblings help you out.;-)

Good info ktc. I have a Honda 2500. I've had it for about 10 years. Very reliable. I use it mainly as back-up for power outages. I run a refer and freezer and microwave and TV and several 100 watt lights. It's never kicked out. Maybe I got "lucky" as I've never done the math. I always figured if it couldn't handle it, I would turn off the wife's TV and light!:) Yea, right!

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom