Hoping ? for fire restrictions to be lifted by October 28th

rmanwill

Long Time Member
just picked me up the large cylinderstove at a steal on KSL. Hoping they lift the fire restrictions so I can try out the new stove I just scored off of KSL. $180.00 for the largest cylinder stove, full stove kit and a oven. I have four smaller wood tent stoves, but this big boy will save times up at night to re stock with wood?

If not I have buddy bring me to Mr Buddy Heaters and hose to connect to 5 gallon propane bottle.

The wood stoves are so much easier and comfortable.

Good luck to all on the later hunts and staying warm if not in the trailers.

20201018_145110.jpg

Great buy!!!! Hell just go for it. There were campfires all over the Vernon unit this weekend. All highly illegal but with zero enforcement, who will know?

Ya, but a possible $5000.00 fine is not worth it. Plus they stated they had patrols morning and evening and issued 16 citations a week ago in my elk area.

Hope for the best and deal with what is dealt.

Been a different year this year. Hope to not see another like it.

I'd put that stove set up in my house! Sweet!

Good luck with the fire situation. We're facing the same in California.

Nice stove! I hope you get to use it.

When it snowed three inches on Sunday 8 days ago I saw a few campfires being lit. I can't blame them and common sense would say the fire danger in that location was zero that day.

I saw campfire all over the mountain in the area we hunted last weekend. I thought that perhaps the restriction had been lifted and I did not get the message.

Hawkeye

Some areas have lifted restrictions but new fires keep popping up. Maybe this coming weekend's weather will help with some precip.

I saw campfire all over the mountain in the area we hunted last weekend. I thought that perhaps the restriction had been lifted and I did not get the message.

Hawkeye
Not lifted in my area. Keep watching and calling office now and again. Great if it lifts, but if not it will be the Mr. Buddy heaters.

Ya, but a possible $5000.00 fine is not worth it. Plus they stated they had patrols morning and evening and issued 16 citations a week ago in my elk area.

Hope for the best and deal with what is dealt.

Been a different year this year. Hope to not see another like it.
Does lying just come natural to you or do you have to work at it?

Does lying just come natural to you or do you have to work at it?
Not sure who or what crawled up your azz or why I should even have to explain to you travishunter3006, but here is the CURRENT national forests web page post - Google it.

The Ashley National Forest went into fire restrictions beginning at midnight Tuesday August 11, 2020 and will continue restrictions into the foreseeable future as dry and warm weather continues.

No campfires or wood stoves in tents with a 5-foot chimney with a ¼ inch screen spark arrestor are allowed outside of developed campgrounds, or permitted developed sites such as resorts, but propane or gas stoves or propane fire rings are okay for use. Generally, if the item you want to use has an on and off switch or knob and completely extinguishes when the knob or button is turned or pushed it is OK for you to use. No charcoal use is allowed outside of developed campgrounds or permitted developed sites such as resorts.

On October 6th the Rhoades Canyon Fire was identified as human caused and is burning northwest of Hanna, Utah. Severity patrols monitoring for campfires are taking place each day and citations are being issued for campfires. In the last few days in excess of 16 fires have been reported by the public and identified or found by our evening and morning patrols, please know before you go.

Signs are clearly posted in many locations and we ask the public to pay attention to the signs as they enter the Forest. Another option is to call and check on current restrictions with our office prior to departing on your trip. The Ashley National Forest can be reached at 435-789-1181 for current information about fire restrictions.

Fire restrictions prohibit Igniting, building, maintaining, or using a fire, including charcoal and briquettes outside a fire structure that is provided by the Forest Service, such as those provided in ourdeveloped campgrounds, or permitted developed site such as a resort. [36 CFR § 261.52(a)]

Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least 3 feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of any flammable material. [36 CFR § 261.52(d)]

UPDATE on fire restrictions. I just called the Vernal National Forest office and asked specifically about wall tent wood burning stoves. Parker at this office informed me that wood stoves with 5 foot or higher chimneys with spark arrestor is allowed. At this time camp fires are still restricted.

Great news. Can live without fire pit campfire as long as the tent stoves are allowed. Beats the propane heaters. ?

A couple Vernal residents will stop at office in next couple days to verify also. Better safe then sorry. Enjoy your hunts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom