Horn hunters Beware, Atv's,offroader's

elknr

Im not sure if the rest of you folks have been noticing alot more atv tracks and offroader tracks out in the hill's.But in the last few years im constantly walking past area's with no trails or roads,come to find out there's fresh atv tracks going through the cedars or over top of sagebrush,completely killing alot of wildlife habitat,Let alone it will piss any one off when you walk a couple miles away from roads or trails to find some dumb ass driven passed you on an atv,with a rack full of antlers and they wave as they pass you by at 80 yards away.Trust me they know what there doing is wrong,Thats why they dont stop and talk to you...So for all you guys who have done this before beware Because me and alot of other people will be watching you with are video camera's and camera's as we are out in the hill's.Remember you guys need proof of the tards that do this,Since i have turned people in before....

To all the good guys and gals out here we need to help the dwr out and keep are eyes open during horn huntin season and hunting season.These people are taking from us and our children..

To the idiots that do drive off road and dont follow rule's,You better watch your back cause im huntin in Ophir,Monroe,Pahvant,Wasatch.And there is 3 others that are watching these area's with me......

It would be great if you good guys would pick a couple units and post on here what they will be,And so on.

Together we can make a difference,The dwr does not have the man power to manage the whole state.We must man up to the Job.Not Next week or tommorow start today.And Help each other out and get rid of these a hole's that dont care about our future.......

Sorry if you have read this twice or three times,But i hve posted in all forum's..Thanks elknr.

For every 25 guys turned in 1 gets caught Just give em a free tune-up! Kinda funny you posted this cause i know alot of guys that are sick of it and they will take care of it When they see it!

That's why I stay away from the more popular units to shed hunt. I would rather get my exercise hiking doing something fun, rather than ride an ATV. How pathetic are you..that you can't get off your A$$ and go hike...Drive to your spot, get off your A$$ and go walk!

the problem is u turn them in and the f and g dont do anything about it anyways ive turned people in for both poaching and shed hunting off atvs and no one was ever charged just saying i hiked about 60 miles this past weekend in 4 days found about 50 sheds and there were 4 wheeler tracks on every ridge!!!!!!!

One of the biggest problems out west is the Federal 1872 Mining Law which give the public access to federal lands to prospect for minerals by any form of transportation. In those days it was pretty much by horseback. Congress could not have foreseen the problems that ATV's would pose. So, the problem is, that if law enforcement officials do catch someone driving off-road, and it does go to court, the individual merely has to claim they were legally propecting for minerals on federal lands. It is impossible to disprove that someone was not prospecting even if their four wheelers are loaded down with horns. There is no permit nor proof needed for prospecting. I do not agree with the law, but that is why law enforcement officers are leary about writing tickets. It is very costly and embarassing to loose in court.

Thats why no body was charged when you turned them in since they didnt have enough proof to charge or give them a ticket..Thats why you need to help with the proof and get things on film.Then thats all the proof wardens need to give out tickets and take atv and trucks away...Or if you can show a gamewarden with there own eyes the crime...Its just alot easier to do with a video camera...I hope atleast a few people will try and get some of these bozo's out of the hills.....Elknr

Yes had the video camera that day and got it all on video and they did nothing sounds bad but its true made me sick!!!

A bullet to the engine block never hurt anyone....just slowed em' down a bit and made em' rethink their folly. I pack a 44 mag for more reasons than protection.

Really? I think shooting another persons truck is a crime...likely a felony. All you self-righteous shed hunters better take a deep breath and think about what you say you will do to others. Leave enforement to the people who are paid to enforce the laws.

The reality is, that in areas with vast swaths of BLM and NFS land, it's not possible to have enough enforcement! I agree, putting a round through the engine block is not a good idea, though contacting the law/taking pics/writing down registration #'s is a good idea.

"though contacting the law/taking pics/writing down registration #'s is a good idea."

+1

Ive seen this happen on FS lands and the punks did get busted. 250 bucks a bike plus a whole lot more for the raking in and seeding of their tracks. If its possible to get that info give it to the LEO and they will take care of it.

I'm definitely with you on this one. Went to the book cliffs Saturday, and came across a father/son pair gridding the benches. Guess have to blame this one on bad parenting.
I for one plan to do all I can to get the info and evidence needed to help get them prosecuted.
So add me to the list of watching the Book Cliffs, and the Henrys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom