Hornaday FBP performance(pics)

hangfire

Here is a pic of a couple bullets used to kill two different elk this year the one on the left was a cow killed at 247 yards with 95 grains of BH 209 ending bullet weight was 320 grains. The bullet on the right was used to shoot the bull pictured at 90 yards, again with 95 grains of 209. Ending weight 280 grains. Both bullets performed as Hornaday advertised and both went down within sight.

643dscn0781.jpg

4678dscn0757.jpg

I have used the 350gr FPB the last few years and really like them. We have killed two elk with them and have yet to recover a bullet. Both elk were shot at 125yds and neither made it more than 40yds after being hit in the crease behind the shoulder. The exit holes were pretty impressive as well. They are extremely accurate out of my knight MK85 as well as my son's TC Omega and are very easy to load.

I am two for three on them. Missed this year. I am sure if I had made the shot, the bullet would have come through. Thanks for posting. My load is 90 gr of 209, so good to have your confirmation that you don't need magnum charges.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom