hornady fpb/ bh209 ?

Riggo

Got a friend that decided to wait until this last weekend to sight in his TC. Hes from another state and i couldn't visit/help with him until now. He's shooting a Hornady 300 gr FPB and used 125 gr of BK209. This is for CO--so obviously open sights etc. Hes having trouble getting tight groups--my thought was that he needed to try less powder until he found consistency. I personally am usimg BK and Thor bullets in 95 gr with great success--Thoughts on his issue??

I HAVE BEEN READING THE ADVICE FROM THIS SITE AND IT WORKS. START LOW ABOUT 80 GRAINS AND WORK YOUR WAY UP THIS ADVICE HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY! THANK YOU TEX, GANDER, AND THE REST.

I would like to thank Texas Hunter and Frontier Gander for their advice, help, and experience. I am leaving tomorrow morning for south western Colorado to hunt cow elk with my black powder rifle and I feel confident with it thanks to these two MM advisers. Gentlemen, we all appreciate your honest advice on the subject of black powder hunting in the West. Thanks, Cowtag

I am shooting the 350 gr FPB and I had to drop to 80gr of 777 to get decent groups

LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-10 AT 05:41PM (MST)[p]It is a crapshoot with a T/C and conicals. That said, he can probably tighten his groups as the above guys stated: lower the charge. You didn't say what he was hunting, but my elk load is 95 gr of BH 209 and the 350 gr FPB

And I can guarantee you if I used 125 gr BH, I would be flinching bad!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom