Hornady Full Boar

Bow6x6

Anybody use the Full Boar GMX 80gr .243 on deer? I have a couple boxes for my son’s rifle and all sighted in. I’d like to use it on his upcoming Blacktail junior hunt but everything I read talks about it being designed for hogs. I guess my worry is that it may not expand on a thin skinned Blacktail. Should I be concerned or do you think it will work fine? As hard as it is to get ammo around here it’d be nice not to have to buy something else and re-sight.

My Sendero 300 WM shoots the 165gr GMX Full Boar rounds exceptionally well. I have taken everything from Gemsbok to whitetail with them. Have had no issue dropping most in their tracks.

I have killed 2 nice muleys with a 270 and the 130 gr GMX. They worked great. I would think you would be fine with that bullet.

1866D7F5-E71A-4A5E-B578-160DFB63C2E1.png
I would not think they make two bullets with the same name that are different in construction without calling it something different. I think the GMX bullet in any gun won't open below a certain speed. Looks like they need to be moving at or above 2000 fps to get expansion. If that is true you should be ok out to at least 300 yards and probably further.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom