Hornady light mag?

270Whatelse

Has anyone shot these through a chrony to verify velocity? I was thinking of using the 140 BTSP light mags for elk this year out of my .270 and was wondering if they actually shoot at 3100 muzzle velocity as claimed.

Their light mag loadings are nothing short of spectacular. I've especially noted great loadings in the 7mm/08, 270Win, and .280Rem. In these LM rounds, if the bullet itself matches, to the job or game to be taken, real tuff to beat, even in good handloads.

Joey

its been awile, but i put some heavy mags over my crono, i had a 26" barrel and velocity was right in there with what they were claiming. never done the light mags tho,

I've only had experience with the 7mm 08 139gr. SST light mags. They claimed 3000fps and I actually got ~3050fps out of my little 22" ULA! I was very impressed to say the least. Very accurate too! My 18 yo daughter knocked the beejeezus out of a 186" Mulie last November in Wyo.... did the trick all right! Good luck.

By and by I think you'll find that what they say they'll do will be right on the money. Hornady has always been fairly accurate with what they market. They make good bullets that work and their ammunition is very good and one of the best values out there today in our inflated world.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom