Hornady sst bullets

I load the 139 sst for my kids 7-08. They are up to 9 mule deer and 2 bull elk using the same rifle and bullet.

No lost animals, both elk were shot twice but not completely necessary and the deer just can not handle that bullet.

I imagine you should get similar results from a creedmore.

I'm amazed all the SST haters didn't respond! I've used 130 gr SST out of a .270 to kill a bunch of deer and antelope. Accurate and deadly. Never had to fire a second shot. My longest kill was 525 yards. I would think the SST will work just fine in your 6.5. By the way, the bullet was leaving the muzzle at 3050 FPS, so not the hottest load out there.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

They work. We've used the 225 out of a .338, and the 140 out of a .270, several dead animals and no drama.

2a0fcsk.gif

I'm not an SST hater. It's just not a bullet that interests me. Lots of better ones available. mtmuley

I love 180 gr SST bullets for the 30.06! Handloaded em for a couple years before they came out as factory loads. I'd like to downsize to 165 gr, but now i ve got a bunch of em.

Recovered several , one that bounced around in between shoulders and up into neck! Powerful medicine for elk too.

I would have to think they re good in whatever caliber you choose

Wife shot a whitetail buck with a 7mm 154sst superperformance load. 1st shot was 234 yards slight angle. Buck ran off, 3 hours later we found the buck still alive. She shot him going straight away after he jumped up and ran 25 yards away from us. He didn't even look like she hit him the 2nd shot. 3rd shot was 20 yards broadside and he went rolled down into a thick juniper sage draw.

None of the bullets penetrated over and inch. They were exploding on contact. Last shot put a 6 inch hole in his side and didn't even penetrate the rib meat behind the shoulder. You could take the hide and wave it like a blanket.

This was my only experience with the sst. Tons of people love them, we may have just had a bad batch

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom