horse hunting partner wanted

RockyDog

Im looking for other hunter(s) who use horses and/or mules to pack-in in southwestern montana. I have always lived in Montana and have killed some pretty good bulls over the years (but not the last 2 years). Lately a few friends have moved away and im finding that all the local guys I know only like to hunt near roads. I like to backpack, but I am also set up with horses, a mule, wall tent, stove, etc all the gear and know-how to do long backcountry hunts. The problem is I dont anyone else around here who hunts on horses. My local hunting friends invite me along, but I have reached a point in my life where im just not interested in hunting near the roads and all the people that entails. Sure I'll do a few days of that type of hunting, but for the most part id rather stay home with the kids than race a bunch of people or ATVs for elk. I still get out in the backcountry alone, but I guess ive reached a point where it's not as fun to do alone as it used to be.

I live in Hamilton. If anyone near here has a horse and is interested in coming to one of my spots, or inviting me along with them on a hunt then please shoot me a message on this site. Thanks.

Go back to adultfriendfinder.com and leave your male buttsex tendancies out of the Montana mountains. Sick I tell you.. like a cross between Deliverance and Brokeback Mtn.

Haha you two boners. This desperate attempt is because so far everyone I have met in Hamilton seem to be road hunters and ATV dudes. Hornseeker im not dumping you, just looking for someone local with a horse to do hunt in this steep chitty bitterroot stuff you loved so much.

On a serious note...if anyone is serious about hunting tough country and looking for a good bull, you could do much worse than getting in touch with Rockydog...I enjoyed living close to him and hunting with him for several years...

Dude..I am thinking real hard about hitting the SW corner again, the last weekend of bow season. Let me know if you are interested.

I think it will be just a weekend...maybe Friday thru Sunday..Sunday being the last day of archery season...

I am just like you....I love hunting off horses in the back country. I was headed to unit 316 last week but my partner cancelled on me. He sold his house. It sounds like you are a bow hunter. I am a rifle hunter but have been shooting a Mathews a little this year. I may be interested in hooking up with you as it looks like I may not get to hunt over there this year unless I find a partner.

Not sure when I could come as I have some court hearings coming up but they are not confirmed yet (I'm a cop in WA state). Let me know if you want to talk about it. It took me four years to draw these tags and I don't want ot eat them.

BTW I have two good horses that I use. Check out some of my previous hunting stories posted on here in the archives.

I would love to hook up with a more expereinced packer and learn a bunch from you. I have only been a horse owner for about 4 years.

I will be posting a story of a blond bear I killed two weeks ago 12 miles in the wilderness here in WA at some point when I get time.

Mike Henne

hi it sounds good,what part of the state do you hunt mostly?i live near rock creek,i bowhunt and rifle but mostly look for elk when bowhunting and deer with my rifle,i like to get back in and mostly hike although we have horses, just dont use them a whole lot,but most have packed animals.would like to meet you and talk to you in person. clifford

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom