horse llama rental or drop camp near creede....

ToddT

Okay, I am thinking,,,, again,,,, about drawing a unit 76 first rifle tag. I have been down this road numerous times and haven't made the commitment yet, BUT, the point system isn't really getting any better as I was about 5 or 6 points out 7 or 8 years ago and I am still 3 or 4 years out now, so who knows when I may get to the magic number of the 61 rifle or 76 blackpowder.With that said, and without debating, whining, or speculating about points, as already mentioned, I am more seriously than ever thinking of drawing a first rifle tag in 76 and get back to hunting 1 or 2 point units more regularly. But before I did that I would like to have a serious plan.

Basically I am a poor southern boy, I really am, and it ain't funny, so my option for a guided hunt is OUT. So that leaves little old me to make a plan, but as (Rob - Pleasedear)has already mentioned in another post of mine, "this isn't my first rodeo." And I agree fully, but my primary concern is the ruggedness of this unit. With that said, I feel like I would be better off - unless someone has other suggestions - to rent horses, llamas, or arrange for a drop camp. I have concerns with all three options, but have not ruled out any of these.

So after all this rambling, if anyone could suggest any one, or more, of the three options I am considering, please do so. It would be greatly appreciated. Or, and it isn't an option that I have mentioned but, I have been told that an ATV can get me into some really great places - via old roads of course, that are simply too rugged for a regular 4X4 pickup, and if you have some knowledge of this option, it would also be well recieved.

Thanks a lot and good luck to all in the draws, as well as this years hunts.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom