Hot Load, New brass??

Pre64

Very Active Member
2nd question..

I developed a load for the .270 using brass fired from that rifle. That load is pushing the envelope. I'm wondering if using new brass for the same load will cause an increase in pressure.

It should not make any real difference as long as you stay with the same brand of brass. Using Winchester brass to develope a max safe load and switching to Remington brass can cause pressure spikes as Remington brass normally have thicker case walls and less internal space.

RELH

Tnx again RELH,

All my rifles are set up for elk. I drew a pretty good deer tag, and we are moving one week prior to opening day. Gotta pull out an old recipe and do some quick range work.

Tnx,
Jim

....same for federal brass in my 270 win...a hot load in winchester brass will blow primers in federal brass.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I used the brass for this load 3+ times and it started to show wear. Its done. All I have is new brass and I haven't time to work up a new load. All Winchester brass.

Now I'm outta bullets too. Plenty of elk loads though. Great problem to have. Which rifle????

never in my life have I seen an elk load that wouldn't kill a deer very dead

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>never in my life have I
>seen an elk load that
>wouldn't kill a deer very
>dead
>
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

You don't mind if I save the partitions for elk season do you?

>>never in my life have I
>>seen an elk load that
>>wouldn't kill a deer very
>>dead
>>
>>
>>JB
>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>
>
>You don't mind if I save
>the partitions for elk season
>do you?

How many deer you plan on shooting?..lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.