Hot Tent Stove

bogart

I am looking for a stove for my Onetigris Rock Fortress. I will use it during elk season and will pack it back on my mules so weight isn't a huge factor but I would like to stay under 15 pounds and i would like. I was curious if anyone had any input or experience with tent stoves. Thanks in advance

I have a titanium stove from seek outside. Not bad, I like it. Obviously not near as nice as a big pot belly, thick steel stove in a wall tent.

They are a great way to warm up, dry out gear, and pass the time during the long nights of late fall.

They will not burn all night or keep the tent warm like a wall tent with real stove will.

They require lots of attention and feeding when you have it burning. They require some trial and error.

There are some options in between the ultralight titanium backpacking versions and the heavy wall tent stoves that should work great for your purposes.

If on mules pack a saw and axe to split wood

When I started packing my 4 man tee pee with a stone it’s was a game changer for me. I’m a backpacker so no stock or atv’s. I know for a fact it was responsible for more then one successful hunt as it kept me deeper longer in some chit weather

When I started packing my 4 man tee pee with a stone it’s was a game changer for me. I’m a backpacker so no stock or atv’s. I know for a fact it was responsible for more then one successful hunt as it kept me deeper longer in some chit weather

Hey JP what hot tent and stove are you packing in and how far typically and what’s the weight of your setup?

I have a Kifaru 8 man with stove setup which would be fine split between 2 guys but at just over 10# a little heavy for backpacking in solo I think…

Horniac

4 man seek outside with I think the medium stove. I didn’t realize they stopped making them. There’s one on the classifieds right now I almost want to buy just to have another. To be honest I don’t know what it weighs packed. It, my quilt,pad,pillow and tyvek ground cloth all fit in a medium kifaru 5 string and the stove straps on the outside in a claymore. It weighs what it weighs. My pack has what I need. I walk to where I hunt. I stopped counting ounces a long time ago but I do know my packs anywhere from 50-55 pounds in the way in (with weapon) that tent set up is invaluable to me in the later seasons. If the packs too heavy I’ll just bring less food

check out four dog stoves. They make a legit heavier guage titanium stove that is around 10 lbs. The Seek stoves are okay if you are carrying it on your back but if you have stock you can do better. The seek stove dampner is crap and you have too many air leaks so the stove basically has 2 settings, ripping or barely going.

colorado cylinder stove makes a light rolled steel collaspable stove and riley stove company makes some light under 20 lb stoves as well.

If seek made the dampner piece of stove pipe out of regular stove pipe instead of titanium it would only add oz to the weight and you could drill holes that would not bag out for your dampner piece.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom