How’s it lookin’ out there?

Brushbuster

Well after a wild wet spring and early summer how does eastern montana look? Are the deer healthy, fawn survival good, horn growth looking good? I know populations have took a hit the past couple years. Hopefully it’s looking better than it has been!

I’m happy to hear the landscape got some needed relief this year. Hopefully ranchers have plenty of feed out there. Maybe the deer will get healthy for a year and have a small population bounce back next year. Fingers crossed for a good hunt mid November

Well the current 100+ degree streak will dry things out but compared to last year we are head and shoulders better. The deer numbers are okay, no winter kill at all because it was an open winter.

We are not as green as south of the Yellowstone but we are not burnt brown yet, even looking at cutting a crop and getting some hay put up around here.

Nemont

Well the current 100+ degree streak will dry things out but compared to last year we are head and shoulders better. The deer numbers are okay, no winter kill at all because it was an open winter.

We are not as green as south of the Yellowstone but we are not burnt brown yet, even looking at cutting a crop and getting some hay put up around here.

Nemont
Good to hear the crops and the deer are both doing a bit better

I also will be hunting the breaks, east of Judith Landing. How’s it looking in that area?

Just got back from driving Interstate 15 from Utah to the Canadian border. It was what I’d call about normal looking for the second week of July. (Been make the same trip for the 47 years.). However after I hit about Dillion, it got amazingly green from there all the way up to Calgary, Alberta. If that prairie has ever been greener than it is right now, I can’t remember when.

Just a narrow strip but that’s what I saw.

Picture just south of Sweetgrass on Weds evening.

6A24F3F0-E778-4352-9D52-960418E2C037.jpeg

Just got back from driving Interstate 15 from Utah to the Canadian border. It was what I’d call about normal looking for the second week of July. (Been make the same trip for the 47 years.). However after I hit about Dillion, it got amazingly green from there all the way up to Calgary, Alberta. If that prairie has ever been greener than it is right now, I can’t remember when.

Just a narrow strip but that’s what I saw.

Picture just south of Sweetgrass on Weds evening.

View attachment 81451
Everything is good until the dry thunderstorms hit. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom