How Big Can They Get?

Tristate

Long Time Member
Well with the wild success of the last coyote killing thread I figured I could start another.

So I place a walk through set for a coyote. On check 2 the trap was gone. After tracking the drag I found the culprit and it wasn't what I was expecting.

20220124_170855.jpg

After dispatching ol spots I realized he was something special. I have had my hands on many more cats than the normal outdoorsman and I haven't come across one this big.

20220124_171818.jpg

That's him with a full grown coyote.

20220124_171428.jpg

So feel free to post up the biggest one you ever saw personally.

I’ve seen some big bob cats, and that ones pretty impressive. I don’t know much about Texas but I’m guessing that’s not normal for down there.

That pictures hilarious!! One guy all sitka’d out, one guy all kuiu’d out and he guy doing the killing in chaps and cowboy boots!!

That pictures hilarious!! One guy all sitka’d out, one guy all kuiu’d out and he guy doing the killing in chaps and cowboy boots!!
Owner is guy on left in pic. That’s one of his guides on right. His dad is holding the cat. Really nice guys. They have a ton of acreage leased up in far west Texas.

Get with the program JP, both KUIU’d out. Lol. Can’t believe the slicked off hide. We don’t see that in many Cat pics.

Get with the program JP, both KUIU’d out. Lol. Can’t believe the slicked off hide. We don’t see that in many Cat pics.
Your right! I thought that was a Sitka pattern. I’m sure there all guys that get after it. Just the contrast of outfits really struck me as funny. I’m sure dad there rolled his eyes at there technical gear as much as they did his chaps snd Spurs. Good stuff there

Last edited:
Had a client kill this one last week in Mexico, but we saw one that would dwarf it yesterday morning. It was easily the biggest bobcat I’ve ever seen. It crossed the road and we never saw it again. We probably should’ve set up and tried to call it in, but we were looking for deer.

C9A4FF57-1FC9-4F18-AC57-A6F423C072AD.jpeg

That's a tank!

My uncle killed one one time that was huge. Your pic reminds me of it, the way you're holding it and it's front feet nearly to the ground was similar to the way his cat looked when held the same way. He was 6'2" and the cat was still nearly touching the ground.

That was a long time ago and I was about 12 and looked up to my uncle so I may remember that cay a bit bigger than life but it was the only one I've seen about the size of yours.

Can you share a pic huntindad? Would love to see it.

Keep the pics coming folks.

Here's another one.View attachment 66714
I wish Tri...I'm not even sure if a pic was taken, I don't recall. It was 40 years ago or so. I would love to have one, that uncle just passed in October and I wish I had more pics of the memories we had with him, he quit hunting and fishing 25 or more years ago when he married a woman who didn't want him to do so anymore.

Tons of great memories. I would certainly post it if I had it.

Here is my buddies cat, I could be rembering wrong, but I think they weighed it out at 40 pounds and its a big female.
Screenshot_20220204-003002_Facebook.jpg

Here is a cat I killed last year, he was a big male. He only weighed 25 pounds at the end of the day when i dropped him off at the taxidermist, but he was a big cat. Actually just got a call yesterday from my taxidermist to figure out how we are gonna mount him up.
Screenshot_20220204-003329_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220204-003402_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220204-003426_Gallery.jpg

Beautiful bobcat Jake !
Spouse is fleshing today and tomorrow so I can board up our cats and coyotes.
Haven't really looked at belly spots yet, we may end up with tanned hides again if prices aren't worth the sale.

Average coyote around here in Northern Utah is 25-35 pounds. Seen a few break 40 though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom