How big is this buck?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Aaron sent over these photos wondering what he might score? What do you guys think?

92559089d566329b7469cb31b8156f0ffad8e.jpeg

6540546efcc870e9d41c08933a644acb9bfcd.jpeg

67704fb3361ea554b477d93f2112bb26a955b.jpeg

131257075d98ea25a4894afdb1dd4229dc7da.jpeg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Nice looking "yard" buck! ....now where's my 25 cal air gun? haha

My guess (and that's all any of them are) is 179" frame and add in the extras for rough gross score.

Zeke

#livelikezac

180 frame and about 15 inches of extra's my guess. Looks like an older fighting buck looking at his face and head.

>Has he got a closer pic??
>
>
>#livelikezac

lol.....tried but he was skittish...

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>>Has he got a closer pic??
>>
>>
>>#livelikezac
>
>lol.....tried but he was skittish...
>
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Those yard bucks can be elusive. Looks to be on the edge of goin nocturnal!

#livelikezac

>>>Has he got a closer pic??
>>>
>>>
>>>#livelikezac
>>
>>lol.....tried but he was skittish...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>
>
>Those yard bucks can be elusive.
>Looks to be on the
>edge of goin nocturnal!
>
>#livelikezac

Hold the bucket of apples while your buddy puts a tape on him.

He's a 220" MM'ER!

Best Keep Him in the Yard with 24-7-365 Cameras Running!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I'm guessing the frame on this deer is approximately 185 inches. He's also got 6 "extra" points to score at various lengths. He's over 200 easily, just not sure how much over.

He's a stud. Hope he doesn't get hit by a car, if he already hasn't been.

Looks like a mid to high 190's buck to me. I always have trouble with the non-typical ones. His typical frame looks like he just barely crosses the 180 line.

I agree with Chip! I don't think his frame breaks 180. I had him exactly the same with 16" of extras. His main beams are a bit weak and his fronts are not all that...I would love to shoot him though!!

>178 = 16 inches NT =
>194

I think he's 210" give or take. If I had to bet whether he is under or over 200 inches I would take the over all day long. Not sure by how much, but he would make it. I think a few of the scores guessed are way too low for a deer like that though.

>I'm guessing 182" frame and 15"
>of character = 197"
>Definitely a great buck though!!!!

Exactly where I'd him too. 180 to 183 inch main frame typical with 12 to 15 inches of fun. Grosses in the high 90s conservatively.

Coloradoboy

Just out of curiosity, what do you think his inside spread is? how about his outside spread?

His inside spread is outside his ears... so that is 21" plus

Outside he is for sure over 30" just hard to say how wide he is.

He's no small deer and he is 100% over 200"

Hard to tell how big he is, but if he doesn't break 200 then Obama was a good president and Rosie O'donnell isn't fat.

200 exactly
184 inch main frame
16 inches of extras

I sure would not want to be accused of saying Obama was a good president.

It's really nice to see bucks like that on the hoof. Even if he is in town on somebody?s lawn.

I think that's a beautiful buck but would be shocked if it went over 175 on the frame. He has no eye guards, not over 36 inches of mass, and a little weak on his main beams. I think he's a 190 buck including extras.

>200 exactly
>184 inch main frame
>16 inches of extras
>
>I sure would not want to
>be accused of saying Obama
>was a good president.
>
>It's really nice to see bucks
>like that on the hoof.
>Even if he is in
>town on somebody?s lawn.

I think that's about nuts on.

What does his outside have to do with it? With 22" mainbeams and 22" inside spread, he better have a pile of extras to compensate.
I'm in the mid 190's crowd just because of his extras.

outside spread doesn't matter I am just curious what people think as far as how wide he is.

His beams are longer than 22" though. average bucks have 22" beams. but a deer with a 22" inside spread and beams that wrap that far out and then back in definitely has pretty good beams. it just takes more horn to stretch out that far and then back in. if one were to guess the beams too short by a couple inches per side that would throw the whole scoring process off from the beginning.

the score doesn't matter in the end. I would kill him 1000 times out of 1000 without hesitation. I am one that tries to be very conservative when scoring animals and I have a hard time throwing out the 200" mark most of the time. But my gut reaction on this buck was that he definitely would make the magic 200" mark. I could be wrong though. wouldn't be the first time today that i was wrong.

I'd shoot this buck every time over the 191" buck I killed this year. I think he has a better "WOW" factor to him.

see my latest wildlife pictures on I.G.
Follow me @ antler_chaser_

I think he has a 170?s frame & grosses in the 190?s but then again I'm a rank amateur at scoring bucks by sight? cool buck regardless?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom