How do You keep Cool during the HEAT of the Bowhunt??

EROCK1313

With it being so hot during the Utah Bowhunts, I got to wondering....What does everyone do to help stay cool??

How many of you Bowhunt with short sleeved shirts and if so, do you apply some camo paint to your arms??

This Utah heat has me thinking short sleeved is the way to go.

Along the same lines, do any of you hunt in shorts?

I'm just curious of the different methods everyone uses to keep Cool while staying concealed during the HOT Bowhunts.

~ERock

My desert pants zip off to shorts, which is a nice feature. Sometimes when humpin it up a mountain I zip them to shorts. Apart from that though, I haven't had much of a problem as long as I stay in the shade/shadows.

What material are you wearing? I'm using supermesh from Bass Pro and have kept relatively cool here in AZ.

You might want to check out Cabelas Microtex Lite or Hunttech series.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I used the Microtex last year and the pants were awesome and the shirt workded well, but the long sleeve shirt still seemed a little warm for my liking. I Went out and got the short sleeved version last night, but it just got me thinkin how many people actually use short sleeves or shorts and what other methods are used to keep cool.

~ERock

Another thing that helps keep cool in hot weather is using a large fanny pack instead of a backpack. It allows the sweat on your back to evaporate.

UnderArmor! I always wear long sleeve shirts, they are cooler than short sleeves. Keeping the sun off your skin and allowing the sweat to evaporate is the trick, that and keeping hydrated.

PRO

I wear a mesh camo shirt from Cabelas. I stay away from the backpack and use a fanny pack. I hate a sweaty back.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

Like has been said, moisture wicking base layers worn alone really helps. Mesh allows breezes to help cool you. Most importantly I think is keep hydrated-lots of little drinks throughout the day, as opposed to going back to camp twice a day and chugging 2 quarts per visit.

I wear a short sleeve shirt... Never had a problem with it, i like the freedom it gives me anyways... Just have to be cautious about using the wind. Which as an archer we should be anyways.

----------------------------------------
Hoyt Katera XL
Spot Hogg Seven Deadly Pin
Fuse Acculaunch
Fuse Satori
G5 Matreo Strings
"I don't miss, I just don't hit him on purpose"

I let mother nature help me stay cool. She enlists me as an active participant in male-pattern baldness. That's helps let a lot of heat out.
So maybe try to bic your head. But I've got to be sure to wear a hat, otherwise my bald, glossy head is like signaling an aircraft with the sun reflecting off of it.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

HA - funny! My dad always says that is "Nature's Air Conditioning!" So what did I do last year....shaved it off! Grew it back for winter etc, but now it's been off for a week! It's frighin too hot for this UTARD!

~ERock

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-09 AT 04:15PM (MST)[p]PRO
how are you going to get a tan all dressed up like that? One thing for sure at least you have something to attach a sponsor logo too.

I just take my shirt off and walk around like Nunya
chicks dig tan heads, tan backs and big bucks!

The heck with pants also. I wear shorts cause I prefer to pull stickers out of my leg hair, butt hair, socks and shoes.

I hate hot!

Archery is a year round commitment!!

the coolest setup I have found is a pair of shorts underneath an asat 3d mesh suit. Its good for temps in the 90's.

I bought some hunt tech from cabelas. WOW it really helped in
95 degree weather. it's quiet and it's made of the same stuff as under armour but, it fits loose for comfort. I'll be wearing it monday for early archery season.

............YY
.......___Q
...../(....)
......//..\\

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom