How do you say Swarovski

F

Family Man (Guest)

Took my new Swarovski 10x42 SLC binos out scouting the other evening and there are awesome. At one point when it was almost totally dark (stars were already visible) I heard a mule deer bouncing down the trail ahead of me. It was so dark I could not see the deer at all with the naked eye, but through the binos I could see it clearly enough to see for certain that it had no antlers. Now that's light gathering!!!!

But, now that I have them I still don't know how to pronounce them. Is it three sylobals:

Sw - as in "switch" and ar - as in "are" blended together, and

ov - as in someone from Boston or Brooklyn saying "off", and

ski - as in ski (the downhill sport)

with the accent on the "ov"

I have heard others pronunce it with a "softer" sound.

Can anyone help me out here???

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Hey, Glad you are happy with your new Binos. As for the other thing it sounds good to me.
Have a good hunting season..

X-PEN-SIVE

Mike
at235.gif

Ma--Nee--Well--Spent

I bought mine earlier this year and although it put on heck of a dent in the wallet it was money well spent,a great investment.

Oh yeah I also just call them "Swaro's"

Swarovski EL Binoculars
10x42 EL Binoculars
MSRP: $1,698.89
Price: $1,529.00
You Save: $169.89

You-have-to-be-joking-me?

Thats how I pronounce Swarovski

Im sure they are fine Binoculars, but as i look at the price, I could get a Mark V Ultra Lightweight Weatherby .300 mag for $1340.00.

I suppose its all about perspective.

I wish my CFO would let me get a new Mark V Ultra Lightweight Weatherby .300 mag

Well...maybe some day

I agree, it is all about perspective.

The way I look at it, I use my binoculars all day every day of the season (plus plenty of time in the off season). My rifle I use during the season only every couple of years or so. To me it makes sence to put the money into what you use most. (For the same reason I would go with a cheaper scope sooner than cheaper binos.) Still in all, I think my Winchester Model 70 in 7mm Remington Magmum, while perhaps not the ultimate rifle/cartriage, will serve me just fine for years to come.

Mark

I pronounce it P E N T A X, Still work like a charm and a hell of alot less cash. Wish I had the extra $ for something like that.

Coot

Great glass. When you buy the best you can laugh at the rest. The best investment a serious hunter can make. OPTICS Swarovski Zeiss Leica

You don't ever see people that have them badmouthing them or saying they wish they would have stuck with their Wind Rivers.

Everyone that I know that has them smiles that knowing smile when you say that word "Swarovski."

Everyone that I know that doesn't have them makes excuses why they don't have them.

When people compare lesser optics, they don't say, "These are as good as Blah Blah Brand". These folks have also been known to mutter, "These are just as good as Swarovski."

I would take a used pair of Swarovski or Leica over a new pair of any $500 dollar binoculars any day of the week.

People with other brands use terms like "really sharp" and "just as good" where as those with Leica and Swarovski use terms like "awesome glass" and "flawless".

I did not pay for my pair, I traded wildlife photos. But if mine were some how gone today, I would take ever penny it took and go out tommorrow and buy another pair.

If it was opening day of deer season and I forgot my Swarovskis and just brought my rifle, I would turn around and go home and get my binocs even if it meant missing the entire opening day rather than hunt without them.

My opinion and my observations. Not meant to offend anyone who for whatever reason cannot posess or afford optical perfection.

Familyman: I pronounce it like you, but it doesnt matter how you say it but rather what you do with them. Like Buckspy said, after getting them you realize what you missed and never wish for what you had before. They are much more important than your gun at least to me. Glad you like them and you will love the 15x if you ever look through those.......... Allen Taylor......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom