How does 2nd choice work.

cantkillathing

Very Active Member
How does your 2nd, 3rd or even 4th choices work in Utah. I am assuming that if your name is drawn they look at your 1st choice and if all of those tags have already been drawn then they go to your 2nd choice and then so on, is this correct?

How do they do it in colorado?

They draw all first choices first... then they draw all 2nd choices next... and so on. As almost every single LE tag goes in the first round, 2nd 3rd... 4th choices are usually completely irrelevant. Most people dont realize this however so they put in for 5 choices believing they have more of a chance at a tag.

-DallanC

I thought that is how it worked as well until this last year, On the cow elk hunts I had a hunt on my 1st choice that I did not draw on, and I had 2 friends that put it as a 2nd choice and even a 3rd choice and they drew the tag, and I didn't as my 1st choice. So how did that work?

I don't know how the do antlerless, but Dallan is right on the LE. In order for you to draw a second choice, nobody would have to apply for that tag as a first choice. Maybe could happen on an obscure CWMU, but not on the normal units. I always laugh at my buddies when they sweat over 2nd and 3rd choices, trying to decide between Manti, pahvant and san juan.

Andy

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-07 AT 10:46AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-07 AT 10:45?AM (MST)

Should I get Gephardt to figure this one out?

Shouldn't all the draw be the same? Or is there any documented procedure on how they do this, or is it all assumption?

I have asked this question too.In Nevada,they go through all the applicants choices before moving on in the draw.It states this in the procs.Why doesn't it say anywhere in the Utah proc. how the drawing process works?It sounds like Utah is different than Nevada,but they should at least clear it up for everybody so that nobody sweats about they're 2nd choice.I don't worry about it anymore because I have never heard of anyone in Utah drawing they're 2nd choice.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-07 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]This is for post # 2. I hope I'm wrong, but you may have made a mistake on the app. and it was kicked out. Just food for thought.

Kevin

I didn't fill out the application wrong, if I did would they give me a preference point?, and if I did it on line I think it would have let me know.

Nobody knows of a written procedure, I guess all of our theories on how it works will never be validated, I thought for sure somebody on this sight would know.

Thanks for trying to help with this.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom