How Far do you travel?

How far do you travel to your hunting spot. It's about a four hour drive for me. (Southern Utah) I would still go even if it took two days to get to. Well worth it.

JJB

Usually it is 1,000 miles one way to where ever we get drawn to hunt. This year is will be about 1,150 miles one way, but who's counting, we just want to hunt and distance doesn't matter.

Brian

There is no denying that distance doesn't matter. I was just curios to find out if some of the lucky few hunt out of there backyard or have to travel several states to get to there hunting grounds.
JJB

Sitting here looking at my gps and to where I blacktail hunt from where I am now it is 7,979.70 miles. But heck like has been said, It doesn't matter the distance as long as we're going huntin! Oh yeah that's one way!

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin grizz"

Gene,

Yes, I think you should be the "Longest Distance" Trophy getter for 15,959.40 miles RoundTrip hunter.

Brian

I travel about 1100 miles one way to get to my favorite hunting spot. However I have great whitetail hunting at home right outside my back door.

For deer I travel about one mile to start with, for elk I have to drive for 45 minutes.

Western Colorado,

BeanMan

For blacktail, it is about 50 miles. Mule deer, depends on the draw. This year it is 6 1/2 hours to Nevada and a plane trip south of the border.

To our hunting spot it is about a 45 min drive then another 45 minutes on horseback to our camp. SW Colorado. I respect you guys that drive 1,000 miles to do this!

Just about an hour away from home but when heading out of state, the trip is 665 miles from home.

400 miles for whities and mulies, <1/4 mile for blackies and elk.
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

Eric

Last year it was about 900 miles to Idaho. This year it is about 475 to NM.

Last weekend I traveled around 500 round trip to hunt deer and will do the same again for elk. I've went as far as 7 hour drive, but usually just stick with 3-4 hours and hunt the Idaho sawtooth mountains.

I leave Friday for a 1300 mile drive up to Gillette, Wyoming from Dallas, Texas, to hunt pronghorn antelope with my son.

I'm hoping to hunt cow elk NE of Durango, Colorado, in 2005 or soon thereafter, and this would be a 1000 mile drive for me. For the last two years, and I plan to do the same this year, I drive 250 miles up to Tulsa, Oklahoma, to hunt deer the week of Thanksgiving.

I was looking over a game lease two weekends ago that would be 170 miles, approximately, from my home. I would like something closer, but frankly don't think there is good hunting that is closer and also affordable. I could drive to this lease for some afternoon dove hunting or on a Friday afternoon for a weekend of deer, hawg, or turkey hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom