How many extra Henry bison tags are they issuing?

deadibob

Long Time Member
Got an email today that one of my boys was an alternate for a Henrys cow bison hunt. They are issuing more tags due to drought conditions and poor feed. Of course he's stoked to take it. His triplet brother got a call last year as an alternate on the same cow hunt but that call came like four days before the hunt, not enough time to get ready so we turned it down.

Anyone else get an email? I figured I'd go look at draw odds because I'm not sure how many tags they originally offered this year.

If I remember correctly it’s like 24 additional tags.

I’d take it.
I just called and you're right 23 additional tags but the original tag numbers offered this year were down from usual so it's not going to be crazy like 50 additional hunting groups. So there will be a total of 16 tags on the first cow hunt.

Yeah Bess no way we aren't taking it. Being sixteen and drawing his first OIL tag he might have a chance at drawing another species in the next 60 years before I'm too old to help pack it out, that would put me at 110, most likely 111 because my birthday is in September.?

Got an email today that one of my boys was an alternate for a Henrys cow bison hunt. They are issuing more tags due to drought conditions and poor feed. Of course he's stoked to take it. His triplet brother got a call last year as an alternate on the same cow hunt but that call came like four days before the hunt, not enough time to get ready so we turned it down.

Anyone else get an email? I figured I'd go look at draw odds because I'm not sure how many tags they originally offered this year.

My dad also received one of the extra tags for the January season. Good Luck to you and your son. If you have any pointers about the hunt if you don't mind providing information that would be appreciative. We plan on going scouting during Thanksgiving but its a pretty new area.

wonder if there going to do this for the deer also,Because they have went to **** also.

The late season cow buffalo hunt on the Henry's was the funnest and most memorable hunt that I have been on in the last 20 years.

You will have a blast.

My dad also received one of the extra tags for the January season. Good Luck to you and your son. If you have any pointers about the hunt if you don't mind providing information that would be appreciative. We plan on going scouting during Thanksgiving but its a pretty new area.
I definitely don't mind sharing information. I drew the tag back around 2003 give or take a year. My wife drew it several years after that so I've had some fun down there in the past. It gets a bit chilly there in January.

I've been thinking about buying a canvas tent for the hunt instead of taking the RV but I've never owned one before.

Send me a PM.

I'd Take The Warmer Option Bob!

I Don't Need To Tell You It Gets Damn Cold Down There!

JANUARY.........................FRICK!

You Won't Need Ice For Your Cooler!

And There Won't Be Any Meat Spoiling!:D

I definitely don't mind sharing information. I drew the tag back around 2003 give or take a year. My wife drew it several years after that so I've had some fun down there in the past. It gets a bit chilly there in January.

I've been thinking about buying a canvas tent for the hunt instead of taking the RV but I've never owned one before.

You won't ever regret it if you do. Especially with triplets. I've spent over 35-days in mine this year between 10 different 2-9 day hunts.

20221106_151446.jpg

20221106_062544.jpg

20221106_151435.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom