How many have concealed weapon permits?

High5

And how often and why do you carry?

I have had a concealed weapon permit for approximately 6 years and have never carried. I have a few handguns (Sig 229, Browning Hi Power and Buckmark) but have never felt the need to go packing.

My thinking when I took the class was maybe I would feel the need to be armed, for some reason or another and I would be able, that and I knew that buying a gun at the counter would be simplified. I do of coarse have that Sig with laser grips in a handgun safe near my bed.

I don't regret taking the class and have renewed once already.

I admit I am a trusting person by nature (which is not necessarily a good trait) and I do live in a semi rural area in Utah.

I have thought about carrying more lately, with the Trolley Square (Utah) & VT shootings and all but haven't done anything about it.

How about you guys, how many have permits & how often do you carry?

I got mine primarily to carry during primitive weapon hunts, but I will carry around town sometimes. I always pack while hiking, lots of weirdos out there.

Andy

I don't pack it on me but I never leave home with out a weapon. when I go on trips with my family always have one in my vehicle. thought that the permit would make it no questions asked and easier. I've been given more greif by wildlife officers than city police and highway patrol about it being conceiled? go figure

Had mine for 6 yrs. Always have one in both vehicles and usually carry when hiking. Sometimes around town.

I also tend to pack one while hiking.
Never do during a hunt, as why, when you have
a .300 on your shoulder.
Though could, rarely pack anything around town, or
just messing around.
Usually have quite a bit of stuff in the vehicle though.

yep.. and pack whenever I feel the need to.. and living in southern AZ, that would be quite often.. not the safest part of the US.. we have a bit of an immigration problem around here, if ya catch my drift.

I had one, but it expired. I still carry concealed just about everywhere I go though. You will rarely find me not carrying a gun or two on me.

Got one, carry about 75% of the time, but there's always one in the vehicle when traveling or hunting/fishing/scouting or doing anything else outside.

Never leave home without it. Wherever I go a pistol goes. This isn't to do police work or be some kind of hero, this is to protect me and my family from some wack job. In today's society I can't believe anyone who can carry doesn't. The criminals all have guns, so should we.

I can't believe the persons who have a CCW permit and do not pack most of the time, except when they are in the woods. I believe that a gun not on you, will be useless when the crap hits the fan, and in town is where that will most likely take place. I do know that a lot of persons have told me that it is hard to conceal their weapon of choice and leave it behind because of it's size and weight for long period carry. Another reason to have a very small 380 that can fit in the pants pocket.

RELH

I have had one for as long as they have allowed them here. I rarely carry concealed unless in a bad area but I have a loaded pistol within reach while driving and in my desk at work. We have stores that post no firearms so concealed carry is illegal in those places as well as in bars and schools so I figure it is a hassle. I will carry if I feel like it but not too often. Always have one while on the boat or camping.

What kind of safety is on the gun you throw in your pant pockets? I have considered getting a permit but can't see myself wanting to wear a shoulder holster or anything like that. I usually only wear t-shirts anyways. Around my ankle or in my pocket is the only way I would wear it and I have not looked at anything small enough to throw in my pocket. Fill me in.
Shane

I have had my concealed for 2 yrs or so but with all the crap that is going on in the world now a days and with the job that I have I feel the need to carry every where I go. I feel that 99% of the time it wont ever matter but that 1% of the time I will be ready..........
redelkarcher>>>--------------->

I have had a concealed permit for about five years now. I used to carry all the time, now scince I've moved to a small town and changed jobs I don't as much any more. I like being able to carry my gun with me during archery season and while out in the hills hiking around.

Shane;

My pants pocket pistol is a stainless steel AMT "Backup" in 380 cal. It is small enought that if laying on a table, I can put my hand on it and cover it complety up. It has a recessed safety located behind the trigger on the left side. They also make a double action only model that fires like a revolver and no saftey needed. Another brand to look at is the Kahr MK9 Micro compact 9mm pistol. If you pack a 380, I would consider using 85 grain Silvertip HP ammo for better stopping power over the hardball ammo.
You will be surprised how many cops carry the AMT Backup as a hideout gun. No guys! I said hideout, not throwdown gun, it costs too much to use as a throw down, use a damn Raven 25 auto for that.

RELH

Just got mine re-issued. I am spending more time on over night trips on the boat and like the added peace of mind that having a sidearm brings. You never know when you might be boarded by pirates! I started carring when I was playing gigs in Seattle many years ago after I had several guitars and an amp ripped off while packing up late at night. I dont like going into the big city without packing heat. Too many freaks!
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Shane, the small .380's are easy to carry like mentioned before. The S&W model 40 is a 5 shot, .38 caliber revolver. Double action. It weighs less than 1.5 lbs. As light as some people's key rings. My only advice is if its too big, you won't have it when you need it.

I've always been big on self-reliance and being prepared. With my trust and faith in our government (and our plastic economy) all but gone, I believe that being highly proficient with a side arm and being accustomed to wearing it is an important part of being prepared. It's also a heavy responsibility, so I don't want to carry any gun so small that I can forget that it's there.

Still, my primary reason for CWP is the archery hunt. But if a cow moose wants to stomp me into the dirt, I don't want to have to shoot her. So I pack a weapon with a wicked bark that will definitely get her attention and stop her long enough for me to beat feet out of her way.

Then again, I guess I could carry a rolled up newspaper and just swat her on the nose with it. "Bad moose! Bad moose!"

Mine is due for renewal next year. I have to admit, I don't "pack" it on my person enough, however, my glove box is always plenty full. I am looking at a smaller more concealable pistol. My Glock 22 only fits into so many places you know, and it does look kinda funny in my front pants pocket.....sorta looks like one of those "are you happy to see me?" moments.

My shop is in "Crack Central"... I have a counter gun, office gun, carry gun, at least one long gun around...
I have a small 5 shot .38 revolver or a small framed Beretta .380 that fits in a pocket, or a real small American Arms .22 mag 5 shot I can hide dang near anywhere even if I was nekked.
I know the .22 is way marginal, but it's better than a slingshot!
I'm going to acquire a small-framed .45 or .40 S&W fer a carry gun here shortly.
I don't pack all the time, but always have something in my vehicle.

Hey Tuffbucker! Yer asking fer BIG trouble packing concealed without a permit!!!
I'd bet it's a felony where you live... yer risking yer whole way of life! Renew yer permit!

Had my permit for probably a dozen years...and my wife has hers as well.

I can count the times I've packed my Sig Sauer on one hand...

1-2-3-4-5

6-7-8-9-10

11-12-13-14-15 ...

...my non-shooting hand, that is ;)

Thank goodness I've never had to use it - and I hope I never need to - but, its very comforting to know that we have a constitutionaly protected right and legal process to pack.

Let's not mess this up, ok.

Hunt

I just went and got mine last Friday, main reason is for the simplicity of buying pistols and not having to wait. Cant really see myself packing around town though, but when out on the boat or in the woods Ill definetly have my sidearm with me.

I carry whenever and wherever I am allowed.

Airport, federal buildings and church are the only places I'm not allowed. Other than that, my XD45 goes with me always.

How hard is it to get a carry permit for Colorado. And is there a list of certain guns you can and can't carry?

horsepoop.gif

A handgun is about like deodorant, I could leave the house without it but why not just put it on and forget about it. I carry everyday, everday for about the last 5 years.
cold dead hands

I got a CCL as soon as it was offered in Texas. I'm on my 4th renewal. Carry some days, some days not. Always in my truck.
This thread has me lookin for another carry gun that is easier to pack. Maybe a small pocket .380???

Phantom Hunter

I HAVE ONE. I PACK WHEN EVER I CAN. TAKE ONE WITH ME ALWAYS HUNTING, CAMPING, HIKING. LOVE IT. NOWADAYS YOU CAN'T BE TO SURE ABOUT ANYTHING. HAD MINE FOR 7 YEARS.

BUGLEMN

> How hard is it to
>get a carry permit for
>Colorado. And is there a
>list of certain guns you
>can and can't carry?
>
>
horsepoop.gif

It's not hard, no list. You can carry concealed in your car without a permit of any kind.

I have had a concealed weapons permit for 15 years. I usually have a pistol with me. I am considering taking the multi state class, so that I can LEGALLY carry in other states.

BT

>I have had a concealed weapons
>permit for 15 years.
>I usually have a pistol
>with me. I am considering
>taking the multi state class,
>so that I can LEGALLY
>carry in other states.
>
>BT

More info on this "multi state" permit, please!
What states are covered by this permit?
Is it a federal thing?
What office oversee's it? (BTAF?)

This "multi-state class"/permit is news to me too. I thought the only way to legally carry in another state was for that state to have a recip. agreement with your state.

Phantom Hunter

I have one and carry concealed every day when I exercise. I carry a Smith Featherweight .38 in a fanny pack when I run or ride my bike through the desert. Just like scottyboy I live in Southern Arizona smack dab in a heavy illegal route. Never have had to pull it on a person but it has come out a couple of times on dogs I thought were going to bite me............didn't have to shoot.

I also conceal anytime I use the ATM or go out to open my gate at night.

I'm a LEO so packing a gun is an every day thing for me anyway. However, when off duty, I pack all the time. Thank goodness for the brave LEO that stood up at Trolley Square and did his best to intervene with the madman. Without that act, several others would have been killed I'm sure (before the on duty guys could arrive.) Never know when you will need a gun, just like they say "Its bettter to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."
However, it does scare me with some the the people we have that are legally carrying concealed weapons. I think sometimes, this can be a double edged sword.

ELKabong,

The multi-state class is offered by Second Amendment Sports.
Certification from this course allows CCW licenses issued from two states that have liberal recip agreements. I believe the two states are Utah and Florida. You can get more info at
www.martialarms.com

BT

I've had a concealed weapons permit here in Wyoming for 10 years now and took the class when I lived in Jackson. You just renew it by paper work now every 5 years. I pack a Colt .45 Stainless Steel
Auto since that is what Uncle Sam trained me with a long time ago. Since 9/11 it is with me every legal place I'm allowed to take it.
A Wyoming permit is good for 7 different western states also.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom