How much Ammo stock do you have?

Maxxy

I am getting nervous about our gun rights, as I'm sure most of you. I am looking to invest some money into my own stock of ammo. How much do you all have on hand? Or how much would you like to have in the sense that gun rights are being threatened and most assuredly will for the next 4 years?

I own a few Rifles and Handguns. Just curious what you all would feel comfortable with, (I.E. # of rounds per firearm)

Thanks in advance

.22 rounds is what the next currency is gonna be after the dollar goes to be worth less than the paper is printed on

+100 on that, I always buy .22 (Bricks) when on sale.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

High powered rifle shells, I have close to 300, shotgun, 200, 22's 1500 or so, blackpowder sabots 250 and arrows about 40. You may think I'm paranoid or something, but I have this amount all the time for shooting year round. A friend at work has enough ammo to start a small war. He even went out and bought lead wheels, melted them down, and loaded them also. To me thats a little out there. So far, I'm just a hunter with an enjoyment for hunting. Ammo is very much needed for the habit.

The amount YOU should stockpile is based on the amount YOU shoot.

You should have enough to last at least a couple years.

I shoot a shotgun at least 100 rounds per week so fo me to have 200 loaded rounds is like....well....nothing but it might be plenty for someone else. You should have about 100 rounds loaded for each of you favorite big game guns and 10x that for handgun use and 100x for 22 use.

It sounds like quite a bit but, again, it all depends on YOUR shooting needs.

God bless us all... but especially me!
Zeke

I thank you for all the input, and I guess my question is... let's say Ammo was extremely regulated and hard to come by (I know it isn't so much now, but looking like we are trending in that direction), so if it was a straight up hassle and/or limited to how many rounds you could buy, under those circumstances,

How many rounds would you feel is a good amount.

I don't shoot 100's of rounds a week, but I want to feel that I have enough if the Government ever regulates it like I feel is inevitable, that I wouldnt have to worry about jumping through hoops...

Maybe I am just thinking too much...

Maxxy, Are you in the Ammo selling Business?

I Know that i have more than enough ammo for any of my guns, pistols, or rifles, to go on at least a few successful hunts with each of them.

I also have some reloading stuff on hand if/when i need to make more.

I don't buy into all the "i'm scared they're going to take my ability to buy ammo away" stories. Good on you if you want 10's of thousands of rounds, it's your right IMO. I'm not going to hurry down to the store and get more!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I went out and bought several boxes of bullets to load and several pounds of powder last time. Cost of a few hundred dollars. Still have most of it. With the changes and hurdles life has sent my way in the last four years I doubt I will make any "OBAMA" purchases. Will just buy what I need as I go along. That is until it is no longer available.

I added 3000 primers and 10 pounds of powder to my stock, and now have about 15,000 primers and 40 pounds of powder on hand. That's in addition to several thousand loaded rounds. I do shoot a fair bit, and don't look at this as hoarding, but making sure I can keep shooting as my heart desires for the foreseeable future. I can load both handgun and rifle in everything from 223 to 416, and the government won't be telling me I can't get ammo anytime soon.
Bill

Loaded bullets keep better than reloading supplies. Just food for thought...

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Not nearly what I'd like to have. I'd seriously like to have about 1000 rounds for my 45, my 7mm, my 30-30, and double that for my shotguns. I'd also like to have a couple other guns, including Assault Rifles, with several thousand rounds. But I've never had the money to do it yet.

I also have a few dozen arrows for my bow. In the event of some societal collapse, I think a bow would be invaluable for survival as arrows can be retrieved (possibly) upon use.

Home defense I'd be thankful for the ARs and Shotties... I'd also like to learn how to "tweak" my AR... :D

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom