How things have changed over the years..

brutus54

I pulled this off of a Facebook history page. Things sure have changed over the years.

"1960's photo of the Eagle Hotel, Downsville, NY, during deer season. Deer were always hung from the second story porch by hunters staying at the hotel."

AFDD2413-0307-4E11-BC96-901341D8DB5A.jpeg

I’ve noticed on those old time photos you hardly ever see a critter skinned. Even when their ground level.?
Years ago, many hunters left the skin on so the meat wouldn't form a crust on the outside. It was also common to hang meat for a week or two to age and make it more tender.

Unfortunately the current generation has no clue where their Big Mac comes from!

I have relatives who roll their eyes and cringe when I mention hunting. Then they bring out the beef tenderloin for Christmas dinner!
On the Facebook post, I pulled this off of some lady made a comment poor deer’s. I responded by asking when you go grocery shopping do you say poor cows, poor pigs, poor chickens, and turkeys, and fish????. Of course, there was no response.?

Last edited:
Maybe not in New York, but I know a couple of places in Wyoming where you can still see pics like that. Maybe not the balcony, but deer or elk hanging around on trees or poles at a place that hosts hunters.

There's a motel in Idaho where I hunt that has a meat shed just for hunters. It was originally an old ice house so it's tall and insulated very well. ----SS

Maybe not in New York, but I know a couple of places in Wyoming where you can still see pics like that. Maybe not the balcony, but deer or elk hanging around on trees or poles at a place that hosts hunters.
Yep. Still happens in some areas of the country.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom