How to Fix a Dead Hooker

OneMile

Just got back from a good elk hunt this last week with no wolves to be seen (knock on wood), a first after many years! My cousin found a dead head which came to be known as the "dead hooker" because of the hook shaped drop tine on it's left side. One problem with this one is that the antler broke off at the base/skull on it's right side. He'd like to fix it, but doesn't have the funds to do it. He considered selling them as they are a good set of antlers. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Could he fix this himself?

8266image2.jpg

Fake skull would be the ticket I think too. Too cool to sell it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Have him go to the local hardware store and buy some Devcon 2 ton epoxy and try to glue the breaks back together.
After mixing the two part epoxy together, he will only have about 15 minutes working time. So have it set up to clamp the breaks before mixing the epoxy. Any excess that flows out can be cleaned off before it sets up.

RELH

>Have him go to the local
>hardware store and buy some
>Devcon 2 ton epoxy and
>try to glue the breaks
>back together.
> After mixing the
>two part epoxy together, he
>will only have about 15
>minutes working time. So have
>it set up to clamp
>the breaks before mixing the
>epoxy. Any excess that flows
>out can be cleaned off
>before it sets up.
>
>
>
>
>
>RELH

^ what he said. It's cheaper than a fake skull. I would add, get some metal rods and drill a few holes in the two broken parts of the skull so they are hidden when put together. run the rods in the holes. Glue it all together and use some two part taxidermy putty to fill the gap on the skull. Sand it smooth and apply a coat of white low gloss spray paint to the skull and you won't even know it was broken in the end

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom