How to Go on the BIG Hunts!

HunterHarry

Long Time Member
I've read your guys replies to my posts! and thank you for the kind words!I hope you don't get frustrated and give up!You don't have to be rich to go on those dream hunts!(It really helps though!)I am 42yrs old, I make just under$20.00 bucks an hour!My wife makes about the same and we have two kids!Dont be ashamed if you live in a trailer I have twice! and that is where I lived for three months last summer!while my house was being built my wife and I slept in a wall tent! You don't have to envy ANYONE! I have believed this all my life! You just have to believe in yourself and swear to yourself that once you commit to something that only death will keep you from succeeding! Don't laugh,I am dead serious. I contacted these Alaskan Outfitters and they agreed to take payments over a 1/2 year period, so I busted ass and worked all the O.T. I possibly could and STAYED FOCUSED! It was easier than I thought,looking back! Just look at how much guys are sending out each month on those shiny new pick-ups!Look yourself in the mirror and grab your balls and say to yourself "I CAN DO IT!" This is the mindset that ALL succesful people must have(Do you think the guy that carved Mount Rushmore doubted himself?) I took on the same attitude when I decided I wanted to buy a nice house, Again I was succesful Mainly because I absoloutley refused to accept failure as an option!If you believe in yourself there are few things you can't acheieve if you are willing to do whatever it takes to succeed! Adopt this attitude and you will succeed in life ,whatever your goals may be. I don't mean to preach, but I would love to think that by adopting this philosophy some of you guys can experience the things that you dream about, and have thought are beyond your reach--YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-(HunterHarry)

LAST EDITED ON May-09-03 AT 05:18PM (MST)[p]"Look yourself
in the mirror and grab
your balls and say to
yourself "I CAN DO IT!"
..adopting this philosophy some of
you guys can experience the
things that you dream about,
and have thought are beyond
your reach--YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-(HunterHarry)"

Wrong board dude......:eek: Well, maybe not.}>

i got the grabe the balls part. but looking in the mirror did not help. any other ideas? thats good advice. i would like to live in a wall tent would beat my parents house.
stuck

That's pretty good advice amigo. One small problem for me. I can't grab much of anything. I made a pact with my hounds that when I neutered all of them, we were a team and I'd have it done too. So after the Vet finished with me, there hasn't been much grabbing in front of my mirror.

Most guys on this forum are too damn ugly to spend any quality time in front of the mirror. Judging from the photos you've posted, you may also fall into that category my friend. Just kidding!!! :)

I realize I could probably pull those trips off, and I'm hoping someday I will but right now my priorities are just in a different place. I think my wife and I already spent an alaskan grizzly hunt on my daughters competition dance stuff this year.

And between truck, trailer, tack, feed and riding expenses I probably spend a quality guided hunt every year on these damn horses. But it's worth it when I take my dad and my wife out riding.

I'm not a rich man, but if I got rid of these hounds and horses, I could probably pull those kind of hunts off. Maybe someday I will but not likely. The more bears I catch and see, the less I want to shoot one. But I wouldn't mind a couple of sheep hunts with 'ol CB.

Thanks for the advice and don't tell Stuckinca where that wall tent is setup or you'll have a visitor!!

-Dawg

Therein lies the problem HH, a guy's gotta be able to hold a job. :-( Damn.

The problem I, and most of us other hound doggers have, is that everytime the snow flies, we're gone for a week chasing lions. And everytime the apple blossoms bloom I've got my old camper loaded on a set of rusty trailer axles headed for a bear camp somewhere. (HoundDawg laughs at my set up but it's a helluva lot better than sleeping in the bed of my truck since the oak planks rotted out!)

While it's true that my list of former employers is exceeded only by my rap sheet, I wouldn't want to have it any other way. Around the campfire on my last bear camp I want to be able to look my hound dog buddies in the eye and honestly proclaim, "boys, I've lived the dream!.......but now I've got to go home and face the wife!!!" :'(

dawg i am still looking for ur house mate. going to bring my little tribe and just move right in. man that would be the life. well maybe not the LIFE but what more can u ask living with a guy that all the fish cops know by the first name.
stuck

I haven't replied in months, but tonight I'm on a rolllll. First of all, Harry's as far from a houndsman as Hellen Keller. He's just a bear killer and a bragger. Kills em out of a tree if "there big enough" and walks back to the truck or snowmobile for his picture. "Harry, you actually had the nerve to name this post 'How to Go on the BIG Hunts!" How about goin on a little hunt and killing a BIG bear!!! Show us some more pictures on mule deer, elk , antelope, etc.... can't get enough. You ever seen a big muley?

You call all those weak one liners being on a roll? Take a couple more months off and come back when you have something we may want to read.

Rut

Hey Trebor, You been gone a while,huh? and it sure has been nice! I don't think anyone missed that big fat mouth!If you go back through my posts on this page (you will see exactly where I BOLDLY stated that as far as the animals that I have taken over hounds,yes I was merly the triggerman and the hounds and especially the trainer were the real hunters!You and your friggin big mouth are really torquin me off! If you will go to page two of the muley site you will see my 29 1/2 in 260lb SELFGUIDED! muley look at the post on that page under "MY Two Biggest Racks" you will see my two big Alaskan Caribou (ALSO SELF GUIDED!) Look at the post "Rifle winning photo" you will see my "SELF GUIDED"near B&C 16" antelope look at page two of the muley site under "My Wife the HUNTRESS" you will see a bunch of nice deer that my wife and I took on SELF GUIDED! backpack hunts-------- You my friend (and I use the term VERY loosley) are just the "SOURGRAPES", negative, jealous POS type that I can't stand! You must not be intelligent enough to figure out how to post photos or are one of those phonies on this site that just try to B.S everyone into thinking you are something you're not!I put my photos on here NOT to brag, but to legitimize myself and for others to enjoy! I can look at other guys and say"WELL DONE"! when they take a good buck, bear,etc. I do not have the biggest or best animals on this site, not by a long shot but I DO have the Balls to stop and congradulate the guys that do! I seriously doubt that you would spew that jealous, rotten crap face to face, but hide behind that computer like your momma's skirt!You are a great disservice to this site. Instead of posting these stupid flames why don't you stay offline for a while and learn how to post your own pics, to try to legitimize yourself and let people know what you are all about! or have we already seen the best you have to offer!goodby and good riddance--(HunterHarry)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom